North West Travel Update
February 28, 2019
Planned changed to rail services
Amended TransPennine Express service in the Manchester area on Saturday 2 and Sunday 3 March
- On Saturday, an hourly train service will run between Manchester Airport and Manchester Oxford Road, via Manchester Piccadilly.
- On Sunday, trains between Manchester Airport and Manchester Piccadilly will run to a reduced frequency. Manchester Oxford Road will not be served by TransPennine Express services. Customers should use Metrolink services at their own cost, or use the free city centre Metroshuttle bus service.
- If you’re using TransPennine Express services to or from the Manchester area during the weekend, please note that your journey on the routes to or from Hull, Middlesbrough, York, Huddersfield, Leeds, Scarborough and Liverpool may also be affected by engineering work. Buses will be replacing trains on some of these routes.
Amended service between Manchester stations and Huddersfield from 16:30 on Saturday 2 and all day on Sunday 3 March
From 16:30 on Saturday, and all day Sunday, the following amendments will apply:
- There will be no train services between Manchester Piccadilly and Stalybridge / Huddersfield / Leeds.
- Replacement buses will run between Huddersfield and Manchester Victoria via Stalybridge, and also between Manchester Piccadilly and Marsden.
- An hourly train service will run between:
- Liverpool Lime Street and York via Manchester Victoria.
- Manchester Victoria and Scarborough.
- Marsden and Middlesbrough.
- Two trains per hour will run between Manchester Victoria and Leeds.
- Services that usually run between Manchester Piccadilly and Hull will run between Huddersfield and Hull only.
Amended service between Wigan North Western / Bolton and Preston from 21:50 on Saturday 2 until 09:00 on Sunday 3 March
- After 21:50, buses will replace trains between Bolton and Preston, and also between Wigan North Western and Preston.
- The 07:48 Blackpool North to Manchester Oxford Road service will start from Bolton.
- The 07:55 Blackpool North to Liverpool Lime Street will run between Blackpool North and Preston, and separately from Wigan North Western at 08:41 for Liverpool Lime Street.
- The 07:58 Manchester Piccadilly to Preston service will terminate at Bolton.
- The 08:21 Blackpool North to Manchester Victoria service will depart Preston at 09:03, and run later than usual to Manchester Victoria, arriving at 09:55
Source > MerseyTravel
Source > National Rail