Merseyside Bus Diversions
The following changes are updated in the app. You can use Moovit to replan your journeys!
There are disruptions occurring in the following areas, resulting in diversions in these bus routes:
- Acre Lane (Bromborough) – Routes 38, 38A and 38B are affected.
- Acre Lane will be closed, between Dawpool Drive and Ashfield Crescent, from Monday 9 September 2019 until further notice.
- Liverpool Road South (Maghull) – Routes 32, 32A, 33, 300, 310, 720, 721, 723, 725, 727, 728 and 741 are affected.
- Liverpool Road South will be closed, between Northway and The Crescent, from Monday 16 September 2019 for approximately 7 weeks.
- Victoria Road (Freshfield) – Route 22 is affected.
- Victoria Road will be closed, between Golf Road and Gores Lane, from Monday 21 October 2019 for approximately 3 weeks.
- Grove Road (Wallasey) – Routes 106 and 107 are affected.
- Grove Road will be closed, between Sandcliffe Road and Harrison Drive, from Thursday 24 October 2019 for approximately 1 week.
- Rainford Road (Windle) – Routes 38A and 38B are affected.
- Rainford Road will be closed (southbound), between Longwood Close and Windle Island, on Monday 28 October 2019 from 1900 until 0600.
- Bermuda Road (Moreton) – Routes 407 and 423 are affected.
- From Wednesday 23 October 2019 buses will be diverted away from Bermuda Road, Moreton, due to the location of traffic management in relation to gas main renewal works.
- Manor Drive (Upton) – Routes 16 and 16A are affected.
- Manor Road will closed, between Norwich Drive and Croft Drive, from Monday 28 October 2019 for approximately 5 days.
- Boyes Brow (Kirkby) – Routes 14 and 133 are affected.
- Boyes Brow will be closed, at County Road and Bank Lane, from Monday 16 September 2019 for approximately 6 months.
- Woolfall Heath Avenue (Huyton) – Routes 7, 9 and 46 are affected.
- Woolfall Heath Avenue will be closed (westbound only), between Seth Powell Way and Endmoor Road, from Thursday 24 October 2019 for approximately 1 month.
- Dale Street (city centre) – Routes 54, 56 and 58A are affected.
- Dale Street will be closed, between Byrom Street and Hatton Garden, from 1000 until 1900 on Friday 11 October 2019; and from 0600 on Monday 14 October 2019 for approximately 2 weeks.
- Stonebridge Lane (Croxteth) – Routes 102, 121, 898 and 899 are affected.
- Bus services along Stonebridge Lane will be diverted after 1800 each evening from Monday 28 October 2019 until Wednesday 6 November 2019.
- Edge Lane (Thornton) – Route 63 is affected.
- Edge Lane will be closed, at Buckley Hill Lane, from Wednesday 30 October 2019 for approximately 7 weeks.
- Hall Lane (Cronton) – Routes 10, 26 and 26A are affected.
- Hall Lane will be closed, at Smithy Lane, from Wednesday 23 October 2019 for approximately 3 weeks.
- St Albans Road (Liscard) – Routes 129, 409, 410, 413, 414, 423 and 432 are affected.
- St Albans Road will be closed, at Wallasey Road, from Wednesday 30 October 2019 for approximately 5 days.
- Victoria Street (city centre) – Routes in Liverpool City Centre are affected.
- Victoria Street will be closed, between North John Street and Crosshall Street, on Wednesday 30 October 2019 from 2000 onwards.
- River of Light 2019 (city centre) – Routes in Liverpool City Centre are affected.
- The River Of Light fireworks display will take place on Sunday 3 November 2019. As a result, there will be road closures and diversions to bus services in Liverpool city centre.
- Chain Lane (St Helens) – Routes 40 and 742 are affected.
- Chain Lane will be closed, between Blackbrook Road and Link Avenue, from Monday 27 October 2019 for approximately 2 weeks.
- Liverpool City Centre Connectivity Scheme – Routes 10B, 12, 13, 79, 79C, 79D, 464.
- Due to increased congestion in Liverpool city centre relating to the connectivity scheme, some services are diverted.
- Middlewood Street and Hampson Street is closed until mid-November which is affecting the 33 service.
- There are a number of off-peak lane closures on Great Ancoats Street until the end of August which is affecting the 216, 217, 230 and 231.
- Burlington Road will be closed every Saturday from 19 October to Saturday 30 November. This will affect the 101, 102 and 103 services.
- Ashton Road East will be closed on Sunday 3 November which will affect the 76 service.
- On Sunday 3 November, there are planned improvement works taking place on the Eccles line as part of the Trafford Park line project.
- Changes to the tram service pattern will be as follows:
- Eccles line – no service.
- Bus replacement services will operate to all stops in both directions: Eccles, Ladywell, Weaste, Langworthy, Broadway, Media City, Harbour City, Pomona & Exchange Quay, Trafford Bar, Cornbrook, Deansgate-Castlefield, St Peter’s Square, Piccadilly Gardens, Piccadilly.
- On Sunday 3 November, between the hours of 3am and 5:30am, improvement works are taking place on the Airport line.
- During these times there will be no tram services between Manchester Airport and Deansgate-Castlefield.
- Changes to the tram service will be as follows:Airport line – No early morning services (3am until 5:30am).
- Bus replacement services will operate to all stops in both directions: Manchester Airport, Shadowmoss, Peel Hall, Robinswood Road, Wythenshawe Town Centre, Crossaces, Benchill, Martinscroft, Roundthorn, Baguley, Moor Road, Wythenshawe Park, Northern Moor, Sale Water Park, Barlow Moor Road, St Werburgh’s Road, Chorlton, Firswood, Trafford Bar, Cornbrook, Deansgate-Castlefield.
Greater Manchester Weekend Rail Update
- On Sunday, pre-planned cancellations are expected on the Wigan to Stalybridge and Victoria to Clitheroe via Boltons services. Customers are advised to plan ahead.
- Over the weekend, the Liverpool Lime Street to Manchester Oxford Road Via Warrington service will start and terminate at Hunts Cross busses will replace trains between Liverpool Lime Street and Hunts Cross.
- Over the weekend a replacement bus service will replace TransPennine trains between Manchester Victoria and Liverpool Lime Street direct. Customers travelling to or from Newton-le-willows or Lea Green should use Northern train or bus services.
- Manchester Airport/Manchester Victoria to Liverpool Lime Street Via Earlestown will start and terminate at St Helens Junction. Buses will be provided between Liverpool Lime Street and Newton-le-willows on Saturday and Sunday.
- The Liverpool Lime Street to Wigan North Western/Blackpool North trains will start and terminate from St Helens Central. Busses will be provided between Liverpool Lime Street and Newton-le-willows on Saturday and Sunday.
- Trains on the Liverpool Lime Street to Norwich route will terminate and start from Liverpool South Parkway, passengers should use Merseyrail services between Liverpool South Parkway and Liverpool City Centre.
- CrossCountry trains will be diverting at an alternative route and will not be calling at Bristol Parkway. Journey times will be extended by one hour and a bus replacement service will run between Bristol Temple Meads and Bristol Parkway as well as between Cheltenham Spa and Bristol Parkway on Sunday.
- Bank Street and Manor Street are closed until 20 of December which is affecting the 982 and 987 services.
- Castle Street will be closed until Monday 18 November. This will affect the 544 service.
- Knowsley Street is closed for resurfacing until Monday 4 November. This is affecting the 512, 513, 524 and 135 services.
- Cobden Street will be closed from Tuesday 8 October to Tuesday 5 November. This will affect the 410 and 411 services.
- Foxdenton lane will be closed from Monday 28 to Wednesday 30 October which will affect the 415 service.
- Whit Lane is closed until the end of October affecting the 74 and 75 services.
- Turncroft Lane and Graham Road are closed until mid-November, affecting the 364 service.
- Market Street (in Droylsden) will be closed (southbound) from Sunday 27 October to Friday 1 November. In addition, Market Street will be closed at junction with Greenside Lane, from Sunday 27 October to Friday 1 November. These closures will affect the following services: 731, 768, and 230.
- Dukinfield Road will be closed from Saturday 26 October to Saturday 9 November. This closure will be in place from 9.30am to 4.30pm on weekdays and 8am to 6pm on the weekend which will affect the 330 service.
- Moss Lane is closed from junction of Manor Road to junction of Stamford New Road until the end of 2019. This closure is affecting the 283, 789 and 790 services.
- Park Road will be closed from Monday 21 to Friday 25 October. This closure will be in place from 9:30am to 3:30pm and will affect the 281, 285 and 286 services.
- Frog Lane will be closed at the junction of Lower Street and Stephen Street to the junction of Woodhouse Lane from Sunday 3 to Sunday 17 November. This closure will be in place from 7am to 5pm and will affect the 5 and 6 services.
Source > TfGM
Source > MerseyTravel