Travel in the North West
Merseyside Bus Diversions
The following changes are updated in the app. You can use Moovit to replan your journeys!
There are disruptions occurring in the following areas, resulting in diversions in these bus routes:
- Acre Lane (Bromborough) – Routes 38, 38A and 38B are affected.
- Acre Lane will be closed, between Dawpool Drive and Ashfield Crescent, from Monday 9 September 2019 until further notice.
- Liverpool Road South (Maghull) – Routes 32, 32A, 33, 300, 310, 720, 721, 723, 725, 727, 728 and 741 are affected.
- Liverpool Road South will be closed, between Northway and The Crescent, from Monday 16 September 2019 for approximately 7 weeks.
- Edge Lane (Thornton) – Route 63 is affected.
- Edge Lane will be closed, between Buckley Hill Lane and Fleetwoods Lane, from Thursday 19 September 2019 for approximately 3 weeks.
- Boyes Brow (Kirkby) – Routes 14 and 133 are affected.
- Boyes Brow will be closed, at County Road and Bank Lane, from Monday 16 September 2019 for approximately 6 months.
- Kensington (Kensington) – Routes 10, 10A, 10B, 26 and 27 are affected.
- Kensington will be closed, between Jubilee Drive and Sheil Road, between 2000 and 0600 each night, from Monday 30 September 2019 for approximately 16 days.
- Dragon Drive and Dragon Lane (Whiston) – Route 99, 239 and 248 are affected.
- Dragon Drive and Dragon Lane will be closed, between Cross Lane and Stoney Lane, from Saturday 28 September 2019 for 4 consecutive weekends.
- Grange Road (West Kirby) – Routes 80, 81 and 82 are affected.
- Grange Road will be closed, between Ashburton Road and Grange Old Road, from Monday 30 September 2019 for approximately 5 days.
- Brimstage Road (Spital) – Routes 410 and 487 are affected.
- Brimstage Road will be closed, between Clatterbridge Roundabout and Beechway, on Sunday 6 October 2019 for 1 day only.
- Stanley Road (Bootle) – Routes 47, 52, 52A, 53, 53A, 54, 55, 58, 58A, 62, 135, 144, 159, 217, 217A, 235, 300 and X2 are affected.
- Stanley Road will be closed, between Park Street and Merton Grove, from Saturday 5 October 2019 for approximately 2 days.
- Windsor Road (Formby) – Route F3 is affected.
- Windsor Road will be closed, between Park Road and Raven Meols Lane, on Monday 7 October 2019 for approximately 1 day only.
- Liverpool Road (Birkdale) – Routes 49 and X2 are affected.
- Liverpool Road will be closed, between Welbeck Road and York Road, from Monday 23 September 2019 for approximately 18 nights, between 1830 and midnight each night.
- Railway Street (Earlestown) – Routes 22A, 34A and 602 are affected.
- Railway Street will be closed on Sunday 6 October 2019 between 0930 to 1530.
- Buses serving schools (Wirral) – Buses that serve Wirral schools may be affected.
- As a result of low-hanging trees posing significant risk, diversions will be in place on several bus routes that serve schools from Monday 7th October 2019 until further notice.
- Liverpool City Centre Connectivity Scheme – Routes 10B, 12, 13, 79, 79C, 79D, 464.
- Due to increased congestion in Liverpool city centre relating to the connectivity scheme, some services are diverted.
- Middle Way (Croxteth) – Routes 14, 14A, 14B, 14X, 102, 898 and 899 are affected.
- Middle Way will be closed, between Moss Way and Willow Way, from Thursday 3 until Friday 11 October 2019, between 0730 and 1700 each day (excluding Saturday and Sunday).
- Middlewood Street and Hampson Street is closed until mid-November which is affecting the 33 service.
- Mount Street is closed between Peter Street and Albert Square until Friday 25 October. During this period the 84, Freebus 1 and MT1 services will be diverted.
- There are a number of off-peak lane closures on Great Ancoats Street until the end of August which is affecting the 216, 217, 230 and 231.
- Parrs Wood Road will be closed for resurfacing on Friday 4 and Monday 7 October. This will affect the 44 service.
- Upper Lloyd Street will be closed until Thursday 17 October. This will affect the 44 and 111 services.
- Planned improvement works – Trafford Park Line. On Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th October, there are planned improvement works taking place on the Bury line as part of the Trafford Park line project. Changes to the tram service will be as follows:
- Bury line- No service Bury to Queens Road
- Altrincham line – All services will terminate at Piccadilly
- Bus replacement services will operate to all stops in both directions: Bury, Radcliffe, Whitefield, Besses o’th’ Barn, Prestwich, Heaton Park, Bowker Vale, Crumpsall, Abraham Moss, Queens Road, Victoria.
Greater Manchester Weekend Rail Update
- Over the weekend services travelling between Manchester Piccadilly and Hadfield/Glossop will be replaced by bus.
- Over the weekend, East Midlands Rail services between Liverpool/Manchester to Norwich will operate to Peterborough only, with onward bus replacement service running to Norwich.
- On Sunday, services travelling from Wigan to Southport will be replaced by bus. Buses will operate between Victoria and Wigan via Atherton and Victoria to Southport via Wigan North Western. Passengers travelling from Wigan to Manchester can also use alternative Barrow/Windermere services.
- Late Saturday and early Sunday Transpennine Express Airport to York services will only operate to Leeds. A bus replacement service will be in operation to to York.
- On Sunday, from 12pm, Virgin Trains will operate a reduced service between Manchester and London Euston.
- On Sunday, Cross Country services between Manchester and Bournemouth and Manchester to South West will part be replaced by bus due to engineering around Reading and Bristol.
- Bank Street and Manor Street are closed until 20 of December which is affecting the 982 and 987 services.
- Harrowby Street will be closed for one week from Tuesday 15 to Tuesday 22 October. This will affect the following services: 68, 501, X39, Y40, 976, 978
- Whitefield Bus Stop will be closed from Saturday 5 to Monday 7 October. This will affect the 95 service.
- Hathershaw Lane is closed until Friday 4 October. This closure is taking place from 9.30am to 3.30pm and is affecting the 419 service.
- Manchester Road will be closed from Saturday 5 to Sunday 6 October. This closure is taking place from 6am to 6pm and will affect the 343,353 and 354 services.
- Dunkerley Street will be closed on Friday 4 October which will affect the 410 and 411 services.
- Cobden Street will be closed from Tuesday 8 October to Tuesday 5 November. This will affect the 410 and 411 services.
- Whit Lane is closed until the end of September affecting the 74 and 75 services.
- Turncroft Lane and Graham Road are closed until mid-November, affecting the 364 service.
- LongShut Lane is closed overnight between the A6 and Higher Hillgate until further notice. This closure is taking place from 8pm to 5am and will affect the 358, 383 and 384 services.
- Woodlands Road/Stockport Road is closed overnight from Barrington Road junction to Stockport Road/Moss Lane/Wood Lane Junction until Saturday 5 October. This closure is taking place from 8pm to 6am and will affect the 11, 11A, 285 and 286 services.
- Mile End Lane is closed until Saturday 12 October. This is affecting the 307 and 308 services.
- Water Street has a two-way closure, meaning no entry/exit to the bus station, until further notice. This affects the 41, 330, 335, 330, 335, 41 and 409 services.
- Downshaw Road will be closed on Monday 7 October from 9:30am to 3:30pm which will affect the 396 service.
- Carhill Road will be closed on Monday 7 until Friday 11 October which will affect the 353 service.
Source > TfGM
Source > MerseyTravel