Merseyside Bus Diversions
The following changes are updated in the app. You can use Moovit to replan your journeys!
There are disruptions occurring in the following areas, resulting in diversions in these bus routes:
- Acre Lane (Bromborough) – Routes 38, 38A and 38B are affected.
- Acre Lane will be closed, between Dawpool Drive and Ashfield Crescent, from Monday 9 September 2019 until further notice.
- Liverpool Road South (Maghull) – Routes 32, 32A, 33, 300, 310, 720, 721, 723, 725, 727, 728 and 741 are affected.
- Liverpool Road South will be closed, between Northway and The Crescent, from Monday 16 September 2019 for approximately 7 weeks.
- Edge Lane (Thornton) – Route 63 is affected.
- Edge Lane will be closed, between Buckley Hill Lane and Fleetwoods Lane, from Thursday 19 September 2019 for approximately 3 weeks.
- Boyes Brow (Kirkby) – Routes 14 and 133 are affected.
- Boyes Brow will be closed, at County Road and Bank Lane, from Monday 16 September 2019 for approximately 6 months.
- Kensington (Kensington) – Routes 10, 10A, 10B, 26 and 27 are affected.
- Kensington will be closed, between Jubilee Drive and Sheil Road, between 2000 and 0600 each night, from Monday 30 September 2019 for approximately 16 days.
- Dragon Drive and Dragon Lane (Whiston) – Route 99, 239 and 248 are affected.
- Dragon Drive and Dragon Lane will be closed, between Cross Lane and Stoney Lane, from Saturday 28 September 2019 for 4 consecutive weekends.
- Liverpool Road (Birkdale) – Routes 49 and X2 are affected.
- Liverpool Road will be closed, between Welbeck Road and York Road, from Monday 23 September 2019 for approximately 18 nights, between 1830 and midnight each night.
- Buses serving schools (Wirral) – Buses that serve Wirral schools may be affected.
- As a result of low-hanging trees posing a significant risk, diversions will be in place on several bus routes that serve schools from Monday 7th October 2019 until further notice.
- Middle Way (Croxteth) – Routes 14, 14A, 14B, 14X, 102, 898 and 899 are affected.
- Middle Way will be closed, between Moss Way and Willow Way, from Thursday 3 until Friday 11 October 2019, between 0730 and 1700 each day (excluding Saturday and Sunday).
- Grosvenor Road (Birkdale) – Routes 15 and 15A are affected.
- Grosvenor Road will be closed, between Trafalgar Road and Waterloo Road, on Thursday 10 October 2019 for approximately 1 day.
- Cherryfield Drive (Kirkby) – Routes 14A, 17, 19, 20X, 21, 97, 97A, 98, 98A, 133, 227 and X3 are affected.
- Cherryfield Drive will be closed, at Wellfield Avenue, on Thursday 10 October 2019 for approximately 1 day only.
- Liverpool City Centre Connectivity Scheme – Routes 10B, 12, 13, 79, 79C, 79D, 464.
- Due to increased congestion in Liverpool city centre relating to the connectivity scheme, some services are diverted.
- Middlewood Street and Hampson Street is closed until mid-November which is affecting the 33 service.
- Mount Street is closed between Peter Street and Albert Square until Friday 25 October. During this period the 84, Freebus 1 and MT1 services will be diverted.
- There are a number of off-peak lane closures on Great Ancoats Street until the end of August which is affecting the 216, 217, 230 and 231.
- Parrs Wood Road will be closed from Fog Lane to Mauldeth Road on Friday 11 October and Monday 14 October. This will affect the 44 service.
- Ashton New Road will be closed between Edge Lane tram stop and war memorial on Monday 14 October. This will affect the 216, 230 and 231 services.
- There will be a lane closure and traffic signals in place on Thorley Lane (near Manchester Airport) until Monday 21 October. This will affect the 288, 737, 103 to WFT, X30 to WFT services.
- From Monday 14 to Friday 18 October, between the hours of 3am and 5:30am, Metrolink are undertaking improvement works at Cornbrook tram stop. During this time there will be no tram services on the Airport line between Deansgate-Castlefield and Firswood.
- Changes to the tram service pattern will be as follows:
- Airport line – No early morning services between Deansgate-Castlefield and Firswood
- Bus replacement services will operate in both directions calling at all stops: Deansgate-Castlefield, Cornbrook, Trafford Bar, Firswood, Chorlton.
Greater Manchester Weekend Rail Update
- Over the weekend, there is expected to be pre-planned cancellations on Northern services travelling from Blackpool North to Victoria and Wigan to Stalybridge. Passengers are strongly advised to check before they travel.
- Over the weekend services travelling between Manchester Piccadilly and Hadfield/Glossop will be replaced by bus.
- Over the weekend, East Midlands Rail services between Liverpool/Manchester to Norwich will operate to Peterborough only, with onward bus replacement service running to Norwich.
- On Sunday, Virgin Trains services towards Preston will be diverted via Piccadilly with bus replacement to Wigan North Western.
- On Sunday, Cross Country services between Manchester and Bournemouth and Manchester to South West will part be replaced by bus due to engineering around Reading and Bristol.
- On Sunday 13 October engineering will be taking place on Rochdale to Todmorden line. A replacement bus service will run from Rochdale to Hebden Bridge.
- On Sunday Trains for Wales services will be part replaced by bus in the Cardiff area.
- Bank Street and Manor Street are closed until 20 of December which is affecting the 982 and 987 services.
- Harrowby Street will be closed for one week from Tuesday 15 to Tuesday 22 October. This will affect the following services: 68, 501, X39, Y40, 976, 978
- Whitefield Bus Stop will be closed from Saturday 5 to Monday 7 October. This will affect the 95 service.
- Woodward Road is closed, from 8am to 5.30pm, until approximately Thursday 17 October which is affecting the 92, 93 and 95 services.
- Hathershaw Lane is closed until Friday 4 October. This closure is taking place from 9.30am to 3.30pm and is affecting the 419 service.
- Manchester Road will be closed from Saturday 5 to Sunday 6 October. This closure is taking place from 6am to 6pm and will affect the 343,353 and 354 services.
- Dunkerley Street will be closed on Friday 4 October which will affect the 410 and 411 services.
- Cobden Street will be closed from Tuesday 8 October to Tuesday 5 November. This will affect the 410 and 411 services.
- Whit Lane is closed until the end of September affecting the 74 and 75 services.
- Turncroft Lane and Graham Road are closed until mid-November, affecting the 364 service.
- Mile End Lane is closed until Saturday 12 October. This is affecting the 307 and 308 services.
- Water Street has a two-way closure, meaning no entry/exit to the bus station, until further notice. This affects the 41, 330, 335, 330, 335, 41 and 409 services.
- Stockport Road will be closed from Hill Street to Knott Lane from Saturday 12 to Sunday 13 October. This closure will be taking place from 8am to 6pm each day and will affect the 206 service.
- Carhill Road will be closed on Monday 7 until Friday 11 October which will affect the 353 service.
- Moss Lane is closed from junction of Manor Road to junction of Stamford New Road until the end of 2019. This closure is affecting the 283, 789 and 790 services.
- Craven Road will be closed from the junction of George Richards Way to junction of Sinderland Road from 9.30am on Monday 14 to Friday 18 October. This will affect the CAT5A, 247 and 281 services.
Source > TfGM
Source > MerseyTravel