Merseyside Bus Diversions
There are disruptions occurring in the following areas, resulting in diversions in these bus routes:
Devonshire Road (Princes Park) – Route 4 204 affected.
- Devonshire Road will be closed, at Princes Avenue, from 0730 on Monday 2 March 2020 until 1800 on Tuesday 3 March 2020.
Dunbabin Road (Childwall) – Route 174 affected.
- Dunbabin Road will be closed, between Woolton Road and Queens Drive, from Tuesday 11 February 2020 for approximately 2 weeks.
Headbolt Lane (Tower Hill) – Route 20 affected.
- Headbolt Lane will be closed, between County Road and Heathfield Drive, on Friday 28 February 2020 between 0930 and 1530.
East Lancashire Road (Haydock) – Route 156 affected.
- East Lancashire Road will be subjected to restrictions, at Liverpool Road, from Monday 17 February 2020 for approximately 7 months.
Cross Lane (Earlestown) – Route 22 34 affected.
- Cross Lane will be closed, between Crow Lane East and Patterson Street, from Saturday 15 February 2020 for approximately 9 days; from Saturday 29 February 2020 for approximately 2 days; and from Saturday 7 March 2020 for approximately 2 days.
Ormskirk Road (Aintree) – Routes 300 310 affected.
- Ormskirk Road will be closed (southbound only), between Switch Island and Asda, from Sunday 1 March 2020 for approximately 3 nights, from 2000 to 0500 each night.
Orrell Lane (Orrell Park) – Routes 61, 61A, 135, 214, 721, and 741 are affected.
- Orrell Lane will be closed from the junction of Rice Lane/Walton Vale to facilitate junction improvements from Tuesday 4 February 2020 until Friday 27 March 2020. Due to the expected impact of the closure a free shuttle bus (OL1) will operate every 30 minutes between Orrell Lane, Moss Lane and Walton Vale/Black Bull.
Gerards Lane (Sutton) – Routes 32A and 39 are affected.
- Gerards Lane will be closed from the junction of Ridgewood Road to the junction of Belvedere Avenue to allow for repairs to the railway bridge. The closure will be in place from Monday 3rd February for approximately 4 weeks.
Acre Lane (Bromborough) – Routes 38, 38A and 38B are affected.
- Acre Lane will be closed, between Dawpool Drive and Ashfield Crescent, from Monday 9 September 2019 until further notice.
Brownlow Hill (city centre) – Routes 7, 14/14A, 61, 79/79D and 79C are affected.
- Brownlow Hill will be closed (inbound), near Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral, from Monday 6 January until Tuesday 31 March 2020. From Thursday 06 February 2020 outbound services 7, 79, 79C and 79D will be diverted also.
Boyes Brow (Kirkby) – Routes 14 and 133 are affected.
- Boyes Brow will be closed, at County Road and Bank Lane, from Monday 16 September 2019 for approximately 6 months.
Church Road (Rainford) – Routes 38 38A are affected.
- Church Road will be closed, between between Thickwood Moss Lane and Rose Drive, from Wednesday 4 March 2020 for approximately 3 days.
Queen Square Bus Station (inbound only) – Routes 47 53 53A 300 310 345 X2 are affected.
- Queen Square Bus Station will be closed (inbound) on Sunday 8 March 2020.
Sandbrook Road (Ainsdale) – Routes 49 are affected.
- Sandbrook Road will be closed, at Orchard Lane, on Friday 6 March 2020 for approximately 1 day only.
Major roadworks are taking place on Great Ancoats Street until the end of 2020. This affects the 74, 76, 76A, 83, 84, 114, 181, 182, 216, 217, 230 and 231 services.
Major roadworks are taking place on Hyde Road with a lane closure (outbound) between Thornwood Avenue and Far Lane until November 2020. The following services are affected: 7, 150, 201, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 705, 707
From 10.30pm on Sunday 8 March until 5.30am on Monday 9 March, the A6 Stockport Road will be closed from Stanley Grove to Kirkmanshulme Lane. The following services will be affected: 150, 192 and 197. In addition, there will be a lane closure in place on the A6 Stockport Road, between Mitre Road to Kirkmanshulme Lane from Monday 9 March to early April.
M56 Junction 5 entry and exit slip roads are closed until Sunday 8 March. This affects the 199 and X30 services.
Temporary traffic signals and lane closures are in place at the junction of Station Road, Chorley Road and Partington Lane until the end of March. This affects the 2, 27, 29, 36, 37, 38, 66, 70, 73, 79, 484 and X39 services.
Due to ongoing work around Swinton Civic Centre, the 66 bus service will not serve Station Road, Mossfield Road and Clifton Green stops until early April.
Off-peak lane closures are in place on Regent Road, Ordsall Lane, Oldfield Road (North & South of Regent Road) and Trinity Way. This affects the 30, 70 and 73 services.
There is an eastbound closure of Princess Street, between John Dalton Street and Portland Street, until Monday 9 March. This affects the 34, 36, 37, 38, 44, 50, 114, 191, 197, V1, V2, V4, X39, X41 and X43 services.
Ellenbrook Road is closed southbound until Friday 27 March. This is affecting the 551 and 553 services.
There is no left turn from Crompton Way into Bury Road until Tuesday 3 March. This affects the 923, 936 and 937 services.
Morris Green Lane will be closed from Monday 2 March until Monday 9 March. This affects the 553, 570, 912, 996, Y41 and Y53 services.
High Street in Walshaw is closed on the weekends of March 7/8, 14/15, 21/22 and 28/29 March between 9am and 4pm. This affects the 480, 510 and 511 services.
Wellmeadow Lane is closed at the junction of Church Lane until Monday 6 April which is affecting the 353 service.
Streetbridge Road is closed until Saturday 7 March. This is affecting the following services: 412, 795, 831, 832. Stop numbers ED0380, ED0250, ED0248, ED0249, ED0247, ED0246, ED0245, ED0244, ED0243, ED0242 and ED0241 are affected.
Oldham Road is closed between Mills Hill Road and Baytree Lane from 6am on Saturday 29 February to 6am on Monday 2 March, from 6am on Saturday 7 March to 6am on Monday 9 March and from 6am on Saturday 14 March to 6am on Monday 16 March. This affects the 59, 412 and 419 services.
There will be a series of overnight closures in place on Featherstall Road Roundabout & Chadderton Way to Junction of Burnley Lane. These closures will take place from Monday 9 to Friday 20 March and will take place from 8pm to 6am. The 182 service will be affected.
Lane closures and bus stand upgrades are taking place at Pendleton Shopping Centre, along Hankinson Way. This scheme is expected to last until late 2020. Bus stops A, B, C, D, H, J, K and L are affected. The 10, 27, 29, 34, 34A, 37, 38, 50, 52, 53, 67, 70, 73, 74, 75, 79, 95 and 100 services are affected.
Temporary traffic signals and lane closures will be in place at the junction of Station Road, Chorley Road and Partington Lane until the end of March. This affects the 2, 27, 29, 36, 37, 38, 66, 70, 73, 79, 484 and X39 services.
There will be a series of overnight closures in place on Wellington Street. These closures will take place from Monday 9 to Monday 23 March and will take place from 8pm to 2am. The 308, 314, 368 service will be affected.
Source > TfGM
Source > MerseyTravel