Merseyside Bus Diversions
There are disruptions occurring in the following areas, resulting in diversions in these bus routes:
Dowhills Road (Crosby) – Route 206 affected.
- Dowhills Road will be closed, between Dowhills Park and Dowhills Drive, on Friday 13 March 2020 for approximately 1 day only.
Gorsey Lane (Burtonwood) – Route 39 141 affected.
- Gorsey Lane will be closed, between Wheatacre Farm and the Warrington boundary, on Thursday 12, Wednesday 13 and Monday 16 March 2020.
Huyton Hey Road (Huyton) – Route 7 10B 61 217A 227 897 affected.
- Huyton Hey Road will be closed, between Church Road and Victoria Road, from 2000 on Saturday 14 March 2020 until 0600 on Monday 16 March 2020.
Islands Brow (St Helens) – Route 137 affected.
- Islands Brow will be closed, between Hamblett Crescent and Hinckley Road, from Saturday 14 March 2020 for approximately 2 days.
Mill Lane (Rainhill) – Route 289 affected.
- Mill Lane will be closed, between St James Road and Ashton Avenue, from Saturday 14 March 2020 for approximately 3 days.
New Chester Road (Hooton) – Route 1 affected.
- New Chester Road will be closed (northbound), between Hooton Road and M53, from Monday 9 March 2020 for approximately 6 nights, between 2200 and 0500 each night (until 0600 on Saturday and Sunday).
Oriel Road (Bootle) – Route 81 81A 135 235 affected.
- Oriel Road will be closed, between Trinity Road and Balliol Road, on Saturday 14 March 2020 from 1500 to 2200.
Orrell Lane (Orrell Park) **UPDATED** – Route 61 61A 135 214 235 721 741 affected.
- From Tuesday 10 March 2020 until further notice service, Orrell Lane will remain closed from the junction of Moss Lane to the junction of Walton Vale due to a fault with the traffic lights. During this time, route 235 has been diverted to operate via Orrell Lane and Moss Lane to cover the diverted 61 and 214 routes. Evening and Sunday route 135 will continue to operate in Orrell Park.
Sandbrook Lane (Moreton) – Route 16 affected.
- Sandbrook Lane will be closed, between Wyvern Road and Holmside Close, from 0930 to 1300 on Monday 16 March 2020.
Dunbabin Road (Childwall) – Route 174 affected.
- Dunbabin Road will be closed, between Woolton Road and Queens Drive, from Tuesday 11 February 2020 for approximately 2 weeks.
East Lancashire Road (Haydock) – Route 156 affected.
- East Lancashire Road will be subjected to restrictions, at Liverpool Road, from Monday 17 February 2020 for approximately 7 months.
Orrell Lane (Orrell Park) – Routes 61, 61A, 135, 214, 721, and 741 are affected.
- Orrell Lane will be closed from the junction of Rice Lane/Walton Vale to facilitate junction improvements from Tuesday 4 February 2020 until Friday 27 March 2020. Due to the expected impact of the closure a free shuttle bus (OL1) will operate every 30 minutes between Orrell Lane, Moss Lane and Walton Vale/Black Bull.
Gerards Lane (Sutton) – Routes 32A and 39 are affected.
- Gerards Lane will be closed from the junction of Ridgewood Road to the junction of Belvedere Avenue to allow for repairs to the railway bridge. The closure will be in place from Monday 3rd February for approximately 4 weeks.
Acre Lane (Bromborough) – Routes 38, 38A and 38B are affected.
- Acre Lane will be closed, between Dawpool Drive and Ashfield Crescent, from Thursday 05 March 2020 from 1730 each evening until last bus. Diversions will be in place until Friday 20 March 2020.
Brownlow Hill (city centre) – Routes 7, 14/14A, 61, 79/79D and 79C are affected.
- Brownlow Hill will be closed (inbound), near Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral, from Monday 6 January until Tuesday 31 March 2020. From Thursday 06 February 2020 outbound services 7, 79, 79C and 79D will be diverted also.
Boyes Brow (Kirkby) – Routes 14 and 133 are affected.
- Boyes Brow will be closed, at County Road and Bank Lane, from Monday 16 September 2019 for approximately 6 months.
Greater Manchester Bus Diversions
- Major roadworks are taking place on Great Ancoats Street until the end of 2020. This affects the 74, 76, 76A, 83, 84, 114, 181, 182, 216, 217, 230 and 231 services.
- Major roadworks are taking place on Hyde Road with a lane closure (outbound) between Thornwood Avenue and Far Lane until November 2020. The following services are affected: 7, 150, 201, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 705, 707
- Temporary traffic signals and lane closures are in place at the junction of Station Road, Chorley Road and Partington Lane until the end of March. This affects the 2, 27, 29, 36, 37, 38, 66, 70, 73, 79, 484 and X39 services.
- Due to ongoing work around Swinton Civic Centre, the 66-bus service will not serve Station Road, Mossfield Road and Clifton Green stops until early April.
- Off-peak lane closures are in place on Regent Road, Ordsall Lane, Oldfield Road (North & South of Regent Road) and Trinity Way. This affects the 30, 70 and 73 services.
- Ellenbrook Road is closed southbound until Friday 27 March. This is affecting the 551 and 553 services.
- There is a bus suspension under the M60 Bridge on East Lancs Road from 10pm on Saturday 14 March to 5am on Sunday 15 March. This affects the V1 and V2 services and stop WF1484.
- Hunts Bank will be closed from 8am until 3pm on Saturday 14 March. This affects the 8, 10, 27, 59, 67, 93, 96, 97, 98, 100 and Freebus 2 services.
- The A6 Stockport Road has an inbound lane closure (to Manchester) from Mitre Rd to Kirkmanshulme Lane. This is in place until early April and affects the 150, 191, 192 and 197 services.
- High Street in Walshaw is closed on the weekends of 14/15, 21/22 and 28/29 March between 9am and 4pm. This affects the 480, 510 and 511 services.
- Wellmeadow Lane is closed at the junction of Church Lane until Monday 6 April which is affecting the 353 service.
- Oldham Road is closed between Mills Hill Road and Baytree Lane from 6am on Saturday 14 March to 6am on Monday 16 March. This affects the 59, 412 and 419 services.
- There will be a series of overnight closures in place on Featherstall Road Roundabout & Chadderton Way to Junction of Burnley Lane. These closures will take place from Monday 9 to Friday 20 March and will take place from 8pm to 6am. The 182 service will be affected.
- Burnley Street will be closed for one day on Friday 13 March. This will affect the 159 services.
- There will be a one-way road closure in place along Hollinwood Avenue on Friday 13 March. This will affect the 81, 117, 149, 159 services.
- Streetbridge Road, Royton, will be closed from Saturday 14 March until Saturday 4 April. During this time, the 412, 795, 831 and 832 services will be affected as well as bus stops ED0380, ED0250, ED0248, ED0249, ED0247, ED0246, ED0245, ED0244, ED0243, ED0242, ED0241.
- Lane closures and bus stand upgrades are taking place at Pendleton Shopping Centre, along Hankinson Way. This scheme is expected to last until late 2020. Bus stops A, B, C, D, H, J, K and L are affected. The 10, 27, 29, 34, 34A, 37, 38, 50, 52, 53, 67, 70, 73, 74, 75, 79, 95 and 100 services are affected.
- Temporary traffic signals and lane closures will be in place at the junction of Station Road, Chorley Road and Partington Lane until the end of March. This affects the 2, 27, 29, 36, 37, 38, 66, 70, 73, 79, 484 and X39 services.
- There will be a series of overnight closures in place on Wellington Street. These closures will take place until Monday 23 March and will take place from 8pm to 2am. The 308, 314, 368 service will be affected.
- Newbridge Lane will be closed between St Mary’s Way and Carrington Road from 8am on Sunday 15 March until 6am on Monday 16 March. This will affect the 384 service and stops SG4483, SG4482, SG4480.
- Chestergate entrance and exit arches will be closed on Sunday 15 March from 10am until 2pm. All services will instead use McColls Arch.
Source > TfGM
Source > MerseyTravel