Weekly Travel Update
May 8, 2019
Travel in the North West
Monday 13 to Thursday 16 May
- The 2331 Liverpool Lime Street to Manchester Victoria service will not run. A replacement bus service will be provided.
- The 2235 Wilmslow to Liverpool Lime Street service will terminate at Manchester Oxford Road with a replacement
bus service provided for the rest of the journey.
- The 2218 Blackpool North to Liverpool Lime Street service will not call at Bryn, Garswood, Thatto Heath,
Eccleston Park, Prescot and Edge Hill. A replacement bus service will be provided.
Monday 13 and Wednesday 15 ONLY
- The 2100 Newcastle to Liverpool Lime Street diverted to terminate at Manchester Piccadilly with a replacement coach
service provided forward to Newton-le-Willows, Lea Green and Liverpool Lime Street
Tuesday 14 to Friday 17 May
- The 0338 Liverpool Lime Street to Manchester Airport service will depart at 0328 and run via an alternative route
between Liverpool and Manchester Piccadilly.
- The 0520 Liverpool Lime Street to Newcastle departs Liverpool EARLIER at 0455. This train will be diverted and will not
call at Lea Green, Newton-le-Willows or Manchester Victoria but will call additionally at Manchester Piccadilly (0537)
and Stalybridge (0603).
Phase 10 of the platform upgrade work will continue at Overpool station until 15 June 2019.
- During this time trains from Liverpool will not stop at Overpool.
- Passengers travelling to Overpool from Liverpool are advised to travel to Ellesmere Port and remain on the train until it
returns to Overpool.
- Passengers travelling to Ellesmere Port from Overpool should board any from train from Overpool towards Liverpool
and change onto a Ellesmere Port bound train at Little Sutton
No trains between Cheltenham Spa and Birmingham New Street on Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 May
Buses replace trains between Scunthorpe and Cleethorpes after 21:00 on Saturday 11 and all day Sunday 12 May.
The 18:53, 19:53 & 20:53 Manchester Airport to Cleethorpes services will terminate at Scunthorpe with replacement coaches provided forward to Barnetby, Habrough, Grimsby Town and Cleethorpes.
The 20:26 Cleethorpes to Manchester Airport service will start from Scunthorpe. A replacement coach will run from Cleethorpes (dep 19:30) to Scunthorpe to connect with this train calling at Grimsby Town (19:50), Habrough (20:15) and Barnetby (20:30).
All services between Manchester Airport / Sheffield and Cleethorpes will be replaced by coaches between Scunthorpe and Cleethorpes calling at Barnetby, Habrough and Grimsby Town.
Source > MerseyTravel
Source > National Rail