Merseyside Bus Diversions
There are disruptions occurring in the following areas, resulting in diversions in these bus routes:
Church Road and Princess Way (Seaforth) – Route 53 53A 55 144 159 X2 affected.
- Church Road and Princess Way will be closed (overnight only), between Hawthorne Road and Crosby Road South, from Monday 17 February 2020 for approximately 2 nights, between 2000 and 0600 each night.
Cross Lane (Earlestown) – Routes 22 34 affected.
- Cross Lane will be closed, between Crow Lane East and Patterson Street, from Saturday 15 February 2020 for approximately 9 days; from Saturday 29 February 2020 for approximately 2 days; and from Saturday 7 March 2020 for approximately 2 days.
Ormskirk Road (Aintree) – Routes 300 310 affected.
- Ormskirk Road will be closed (southbound only), between Switch Island and Asda, from Sunday 1 March 2020 for approximately 3 nights, from 2000 to 0500 each night.
Page Moss Lane (Dovecot) – Routes 9 15 42 239 affected.
- Page Moss Lane will be closed (northbound only), between Pilch Lane and Ashover Avenue, from Wednesday 12 February 2020 for approximately 3 days.
Mill Lane (Rainhill) – Route 289 is affected.
- Mill Lane in Rainhill will be closed in both directions between the junction of Stonecross Drive to the junction of Lincoln Way from Monday 10th February 2020 until Friday 14th February 2020 but between 0900 and 1600 only.
Princes Road/Princes Avenue (Liverpool) – Route 26 is affected.
- Route 26 is on diversion due to roadworks on Princes Avenue. The diversion will be in place until further notice.
Orrell Lane (Orrell Park) – Routes 61, 61A, 135, 214, 721, and 741 are affected.
- Orrell Lane will be closed from the junction of Rice Lane/Walton Vale to facilitate junction improvements from Tuesday 4 February 2020 until Friday 27 March 2020. Due to the expected impact of the closure a free shuttle bus (OL1) will operate every 30 minutes between Orrell Lane, Moss Lane and Walton Vale/Black Bull.
Oxford Street (city centre) – Route 699 is affected.
- Oxford Street will be closed from the junction of Grove Street to the junction of Mulberry Street from Monday 3 February to Sunday 1 March 2020.
Gerards Lane (Sutton) – Routes 32A and 39 are affected.
- Gerards Lane will be closed from the junction of Ridgewood Road to the junction of Belvedere Avenue to allow for repairs to the railway bridge. The closure will be in place from Monday 3rd February for approximately 4 weeks.
Acre Lane (Bromborough) – Routes 38, 38A and 38B are affected.
- Acre Lane will be closed, between Dawpool Drive and Ashfield Crescent, from Monday 9 September 2019 until further notice.
Brownlow Hill (city centre) – Routes 7, 14/14A, 61, 79/79D and 79C are affected.
- Brownlow Hill will be closed (inbound), near Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral, from Monday 6 January until Tuesday 31 March 2020. From Thursday 06 February 2020 outbound services 7, 79, 79C and 79D will be diverted also.
Boyes Brow (Kirkby) – Routes 14 and 133 are affected.
- Boyes Brow will be closed, at County Road and Bank Lane, from Monday 16 September 2019 for approximately 6 months.
Cumber Lane (Whiston) – Routes 239, 248 and 686 are affected.
- Cumber Lane will be closed, at Stoney Lane, from Monday 6 January 2020, for approximately 3 months.
Park Brow Drive (Kirkby) – Route 14 and 21 are affected.
- Park Brow Drive will be closed, between Rushden Road and County Road, from Monday 27 January 2020 for approximately 12 days.
Pocket Nook Street (St Helens) – Route 156 affected.
- Pocket Nook Street will be closed, between Graham Street and Pitt Street, from Saturday 15 February 2020 for approximately 9 days.
Rupert Road (Huyton) – Route 8 9 15 42 239 affected.
- Rupert Road will be closed, between Kingsway and Sergrim Road, from Saturday 15 February 2020 for approximately 9 days.
Major roadworks are taking place on Great Ancoats Street until the end of 2020. This affects the 74, 76, 76A, 83, 84, 114, 181, 182, 216, 217, 230 and 231 services.
Major roadworks are taking place on Hyde Road with a lane closure (outbound) between Thornwood Avenue and Far Lane until November 2020. The following services will be affected: 7, 150, 201, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 705, 707
M56 Junction 5 entry and exit slip roads are closed until Sunday 8 March. This affects the 199 and X30 services.
Ringway Road has a one-way closure in the eastbound direction until Tuesday 25 February. This affects the 368A.
Temporary traffic signals and lane closures will be in place at the junction of Station Road, Chorley Road and Partington Lane from Monday 20 January for 10 weeks. This will affect the 2, 27, 29, 36, 37, 38, 66, 70, 73, 79, 484 and X39 services.
Thorley Lane at Manchester Airport will be closed from Monday 27 January for five weeks. This will affect the 103 and X30 services.
Bailey Lane / Selsted Road is closed until Monday 17 February. This affects the 43 and 103 services.
Due to ongoing work around Swinton Civic Centre, the 66-bus service will not serve Station Road, Mossfield Road and Clifton Green stops until approximately Thursday 2 April.
There is a lane closure in place on High Street in Manchester until Monday 24 February. The following services will be affected: 18, 33, 59, 81, 41, 112, 113, 114, 117, 118, 119, 135, 162, 163, X43, FB2, Megabus.
There will be a westbound closure of Princess Street between Portland Street and John Dalton Street until Monday 24 February. This will affect the following services: 34, 34a, 36, 37, 38, 50, V1, V2, V4, X39, X41, X43
Knutsford Road will be closed between Hyde Road and Toft Road on Saturday 15 February. This will affect the 171 and 172 services.
There will be lane closures in place on Middleton Road at the junction of Blackley New Road on Sunday 16 February. This will affect the 41 and 59 services
Vicarage Road is closed until Friday 14 February. This will affect the 8A and 521 services.
There is no left turn from Crompton Way into Bury Road until Tuesday 3 March. This will affect the 923, 936 and 937 services.
Manchester Road will be closed between Wellington Road and Parkhill Road outbound only until Sunday 23 February. This is affecting the following services: 512, 513, 524, 135, 95 and 92.
Holmfirth Road is closed until Thursday 20 February. This will affect the 352, 357 and 359 services.
Hollins Road will be closed on Sunday 16 February from 8.30am to 3.30pm which will affect the 84 and 396 services.
Streetbridge Road will be closed from Saturday 15 February until Saturday 14 March. This will affect the following services: 412, 795, 831 and 832.
Westerdale Drive (in Royton) will be closed on Wednesday 19 February from 9:30am to 3.30pm which will affect the 402 service.
Wellmeadow Lane will be closed at junction of Church Lane from Monday 17 February to Monday 6 April which will affect the 353 service.
Medlock Road will be closed from Monday 17 to Wednesday 19 February. This will affect the 159 services.
Lane closures and bus stand upgrades are taking place at Pendleton Shopping Centre, along Hankinson Way. This scheme is expected to last until late 2020. Bus stops A, B, C, D, H, J, K and L are affected. The 10, 27, 29, 34, 34A, 37, 38, 50, 52, 53, 67, 70, 73, 74, 75, 79, 95 and 100 services are affected.
Stamford Street is closed until Friday 21 February. This is affecting the following services: 340, 343, 350, 353, 354.
Darnton Road will have a one-way closure in place from Monday 17 to Monday 24 February. This will affect the 231, 387 and 389 services.
Dukinfield Road will have a one way closure in place from Saturday 15 to Thursday 20 February. This will affect the 330 service.
Source > TfGM
Source > MerseyTravel