Merseyside Bus Diversions
There are disruptions occurring in the following areas, resulting in diversions in these bus routes:
The Park (Huyton) – Route 247 is affected.
- On Friday 7 February 2020 The Park, Huyton will be closed from the junction of Tarbock Road to the junction of Rydal Road for essential carriageway maintenance works. The closure is expected to be in place for one day.
Elephant Lane (Thatto Heath) – Routes 33 and 920 are affected.
- On Sunday 9th February 2020 Elephant Lane will be closed from the junction of Manley Close to the junction of Poynter Street in both directions to allow for repairs from 0930 until approximately 1530.
Crown Street, Liverpool – Route 76 is affected.
- From 10 February 2020 Route 76 will be diverted from Crown Street in order to avoid congestion caused by the closure of West Derby Street and Brownlow Hill. This diversion is expected to be in place until further notice.
Mill Lane (Rainhill) – Route 289 is affected.
- Mill Lane in Rainhill will be closed in both directions between the junction of Stonecross Drive to the junction of Lincoln Way from Monday 10th February 2020 until Friday 14th February 2020 but between 0900 and 1600 only.
Princes Road/Princes Avenue (Liverpool) – Route 26 is affected.
- Route 26 is on diversion due to roadworks on Princes Avenue. The diversion will be in place until further notice.
Orrell Lane (Orrell Park) – Routes 61, 61A, 135, 214, 721, and 741 are affected.
- Orrell Lane will be closed from the junction of Rice Lane/Walton Vale to facilitate junction improvements from Tuesday 4 February 2020 until Friday 27 March 2020. Due to the expected impact of the closure a free shuttle bus (OL1) will operate every 30 minutes between Orrell Lane, Moss Lane and Walton Vale/Black Bull.
Oxford Street (city centre) – Route 699 is affected.
- Oxford Street will be closed from the junction of Grove Street to the junction of Mulberry Street from Monday 3 February to Sunday 1 March 2020.
Gerards Lane (Sutton) – Routes 32A and 39 are affected.
- Gerards Lane will be closed from the junction of Ridgewood Road to the junction of Belvedere Avenue to allow for repairs to the railway bridge. The closure will be in place from Monday 3rd February for approximately 4 weeks.
Mad Dog 10K Fun Run (Southport) – Route 44 is affected.
- On Sunday 9th February 2020 the Mad Dog 10K Fun Run will take place along Marine Drive in Southport. Various road closures will be put in place between 0730 and 1400.
Acre Lane (Bromborough) – Routes 38, 38A and 38B are affected.
- Acre Lane will be closed, between Dawpool Drive and Ashfield Crescent, from Monday 9 September 2019 until further notice.
Brownlow Hill (city centre) **UPDATED** – Routes 7, 14/14A, 61, 79/79D and 79C are affected.
- Brownlow Hill will be closed (inbound), near Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral, from Monday 6 January until Tuesday 31 March 2020. From Thursday 06 February 2020 outbound services 7, 79, 79C and 79D will be diverted also.
Boyes Brow (Kirkby) – Routes 14 and 133 are affected.
- Boyes Brow will be closed, at County Road and Bank Lane, from Monday 6 January 2020 for approximately 3 months.
Cumber Lane (Whiston) – Routes 239, 248 and 686 are affected.
- Cumber Lane will be closed, at Stoney Lane, from Monday 6 January 2020, for approximately 3 months.
Dover Road (Maghull) – Route 33 is affected.
- Dover Road will be closed (eastbound), between Northway and Moorland Road, from Tuesday 21 January 2020 for approximately 3 weeks.
Park Brow Drive (Kirkby) – Route 14 and 21 are affected.
- Park Brow Drive will be closed, between Rushden Road and County Road, from Monday 27 January 2020 for approximately 12 days.
Major roadworks are taking place on Great Ancoats Street until the end of 2020. This affects the 74, 76, 76A, 83, 84, 114, 181, 182, 216, 217, 230 and 231 services.
Major roadworks are taking place on Hyde Road with a lane closure (outbound) between Thornwood Avenue and Far Lane until November 2020. The following services will be affected: 7, 150, 201, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 705, 707
M56 Junction 5 entry and exit slip roads are closed until Sunday 8 March. This affects the 199 and X30 services.
Ringway Road has a one-way closure in the eastbound direction until Tuesday 25 February. This affects the 368A.
Temporary traffic signals and lane closures will be in place at the junction of Station Road, Chorley Road and Partington Lane from Monday 20 January for 10 weeks. This will affect the 2, 27, 29, 36, 37, 38, 66, 70, 73, 79, 484 and X39 services.
Thorley Lane at Manchester Airport will be closed from Monday 27 January for five weeks. This will affect the 103 and X30 services.
Bailey Lane / Selsted Road is closed until Monday 17 February. This affects the 43 and 103 services.
Due to ongoing work around Swinton Civic Centre, the 66-bus service will not serve Station Road, Mossfield Road and Clifton Green stops until approximately Thursday 2 April.
There is a lane closure in place on High Street in Manchester until Monday 24 February. The following services will be affected: 18, 33, 59, 81, 41, 112, 113, 114, 117, 118, 119, 135, 162, 163, X43, FB2, Megabus.
Bridge Street will be closed between St Georges Road and Bark Street East from Tuesday 4 until Tuesday 11 February. This will affect the 922 service.
Vicarage Road will be closed from Monday 10 to Friday 14 February. This will affect the 8A and 521 services.
Manchester Road will be closed between Wellington Road and Parkhill Road outbound only until Sunday 23 February. This is affecting the following services: 512, 513, 524, 135, 95 and 92.
Lane closures and bus stand upgrades are taking place at Pendleton Shopping Centre, along Hankinson Way. This scheme is expected to last until late 2020. Bus stops A, B, C, D, H, J, K and L are affected. The 10, 27, 29, 34, 34A, 37, 38, 50, 52, 53, 67, 70, 73, 74, 75, 79, 95 and 100 services are affected.
There will be an overnight closure on the M60 Junction, 1 slip road, from Monday 3 to Saturday 8 February. This will take place from 10pm to 5.30am each night and will affect the X30 and 199 services.
Long Row bus stop (in Carrbrook) will be closed until Monday 10 February. This will affect the 340, 343 and 348 services.
Stamford Street is closed until Friday 21 February. This is affecting the following services: 340, 343, 350, 353, 354.
Source > TfGM
Source > MerseyTravel