Travel in the North West
The following changes are updated in the app. You can use Moovit to replan your journeys!
There are disruptions occurring in the following areas, resulting in diversions in these bus routes:
- Elton Head Road (St Helens) – Routes 156, 719 and 733 are affected.
- Elton Head Road will be closed, between The Score and St Helens Linkway, from Thursday 23 August 2018 until further notice.
- Liverpool Road (Widnes) – Routes 14, 14A, 14C, 38, 62, 62A, 79C, 500, 982 and X5 are affected.
- Liverpool Road will be closed, between Prescot Road and Heath Road, from Monday 22 July 2019 for approximately 5 weeks.
- Queens Drive (Aigburth) – Routes 68, 68A and 68E are affected.
- Queens Drive will be closed in one direction only between Mossley Hill Drive and North Mossley Hill Road from Monday 22 July until Friday 30 August 2019.
- Alt Road (Formby) – Routes F3 and F6 are affected.
- Alt Road will be closed between Altcar Road and Redgate from Friday 2 until Friday 23 August 2019.
- King Street (Wallasey) – Routes 411 and 423 are affected.
- King Street will be closed in phases between Maddock Road and Church Street. The closure will take place from 1900 until midnight each night on the following dates:
- Phase 1: Monday 5 August 2019
- Phase 2: Thursday 8 August 2019
- Phase 3: Tuesday 13 August 2019
- Phase 4: Friday 16 and Saturday 17 August 2019.
- Park Road North (Birkenhead) – Routes 216, 217, 407, 410, 418 and 437 are affected.
- Park Road North will be closed between Vittoria Street/Park Road East and Duke Street on Monday 5, Tuesday 6, Monday 12 and Tuesday 13 August 2019.
- Merton Bank Road (St Helens) – Route 137 is affected.
- Merton Bank Road will be closed, between Park Road and Wood Street, from Saturday 10 August 2019 for approximately 6 days.
- Millhouse Lane and Saughall Road (Moreton) – Routes 1B and 38A are affected.
- Millhouse Lane will be closed, between Broster Avenue and Hoylake Road, on Sunday 11 August 2019 and Sunday 18 August 2019.
- Aintree Lane (Aintree) – Route 159 is affected.
- Aintree Lane will be closed, between Melling Road and Mostyn Avenue, from Monday 12 August 2019 for approximately 3 weeks.
- Kings Parade (city centre) – Routes 4, 4A and 101 are affected.
- Kings Parade will be closed between the junction of Gower Street and the junction of Half Tide Wharf from Monday 12 August 2019 for approximately 5 days.
- Knowsley Road (St Helens) – Routes 35 and 35E are affected.
- The junction of Knowsley Road and Rivington Road to traffic restrictions from Monday 29 July until Monday 19 August 2019.
- Ashtons Green Drive (St Helens) – Routes 39, 39A and 111 are affected.
- Ashtons Green Drive will be closed, between Pennine Drive and Cheviot Avenue, from Thursday 15 August 2019 for approximately 5 days.
- Park Road West (Birkenhead) – Routes 38, 38A and 91 are affected.
- The roundabout serving Park Road West, Manor Hill, Ashville Road and St Davids Road in Birkenhead will be closed on Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 July and on Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 August 2019.
- Park Road West will be closed from the junction of Egerton Road to the junction of St. Albans Road/(Park Drive). Manor Hill will be closed from the roundabout to the junction of St. Vincent Road. Ashville Road will be closed from the roundabout to the junction of Park Drive/(Egerton Road) and St Davids Road will be closed from the roundabout to the junction of St. Albans Road/(Forest Road) to facilitate carriageway resurfacing. All Roads will be closed in both directions.
- Long Lane (Fazakerley) – Phase 1 – Routes 61, 63 and 121 are affected.
- Long Lane will be closed between Hartley Avenue and Brookfield Drive from Monday 29 July until Sunday 11 August 2019.
- Connectivity Scheme – Current Diversions (city centre).
- Outbound services using Victoria Street and Sir Thomas Street are affected, as well as some inbound services.
- Victoria Street will be subject to lane closures and stop suspensions from Monday 4 February 2019 for approximately 10 months.
- Buses will not be diverted but will be unable to call at stops VB, VC, VD and VE on Victoria Street; or SA and SB on Sir Thomas Street. Please see below for where to catch your bus during phase 3.
- Greendale Road (Bebington) – Route 2 is affected.
- Greendale Road will be closed, at Bebington Road, from Saturday 17 August 2019 for approximately 2 days.
Source > MerseyTravel