Merseyside Bus Diversions
The following changes are updated in the app. You can use Moovit to replan your journeys!
There are disruptions occurring in the following areas, resulting in diversions in these bus routes:
- Acre Lane (Bromborough) – Routes 38, 38A and 38B are affected.
- Acre Lane will be closed, between Dawpool Drive and Ashfield Crescent, from Monday 9 September 2019 until further notice.
- Liverpool Road South (Maghull) – Routes 32, 32A, 33, 300, 310, 720, 721, 723, 725, 727, 728 and 741 are affected.
- Liverpool Road South will be closed, between Northway and The Crescent, from Monday 16 September 2019 for approximately 7 weeks.
- Boyes Brow (Kirkby) – Routes 14 and 133 are affected.
- Boyes Brow will be closed, at County Road and Bank Lane, from Monday 16 September 2019 for approximately 6 months.
- Liverpool City Centre Connectivity Scheme – Routes 10B, 12, 13, 79, 79C, 79D, 464.
- Due to increased congestion in Liverpool city centre relating to the connectivity scheme, some services are diverted.
- Dale Street (city centre) – Routes 54, 56 and 58A are affected.
- Dale Street will be closed, between Byrom Street and Hatton Garden, from 1000 until 1900 on Friday 11 October 2019; and from 0600 on Monday 14 October 2019 for approximately 2 weeks.
- Telegraph Road (Heswall) – Route 22 is affected.
- Telegraph Road will be closed, between Rocky Lane and Briar Drive, from Thursday 17 until Wednesday 23 October 2019, from 1900 to midnight each night (excluding Saturday and Sunday).
- Warrington Road (Whiston) – Routes 99 and 289 are affected.
- The right turns from Warrington Road into Delph Lane and Dragon Lane will be closed on Saturday 19, Sunday 20, Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 October 2019.
- Victoria Road (Freshfield) – Route 22 is affected.
- Victoria Road will be closed, between Golf Road and Gores Lane, from Monday 21 October 2019 for approximately 3 weeks.
- Station Road (Ainsdale) – Routes 49 and 711 are affected.
- Station Road will be closed, between Shore Road and Liverpool Avenue from Monday 21 October 2019 for approximately 4 days.
- Crank Road (Windle) – Routes 38A, 152 and 157 are affected.
- Crank Road will be closed, between Rainford Road and Berringtons Lane, from Tuesday 22 October 2019 for approximately 2 days.
- Liscard Village (Liscard) – Routes 410 and 423 are affected.
- Liscard Village will be closed, between Liscard Crescent and Rake Lane, from Monday 21 October 2019 for approximately 5 nights, between 1900 and midnight each night.
- Chesterfield Road (Crosby) – Routes 54 and 63 are affected.
- Chesterfield Lane will be subjected to restrictions, at Moor Lane, from Wednesday 16 October 2019 for approximately 2 days.
- Hall Lane (Cronton) – Routes 10, 26 and 26A are affected.
- Hall Lane will be closed, at Smithy Lane, from Wednesday 23 October 2019 for approximately 3 weeks.
- Leasowe Road (Wallasey) – Route 423 is affected.
- Leasowe Road will be closed (westbound only), between Wallasey Village and Mosslands Drive, on Thursday 24 October 2019 from 1900 to 2300.
- Woolfall Heath Avenue (Huyton) – Routes 7, 9 and 46 are affected.
- Woolfall Heath Avenue will be closed (westbound only), between Seth Powell Way and Endmoor Road, from Thursday 24 October 2019 for approximately 1 month.
- Cronton Road (Huyton) – Route 7 is affected.
- Cronton Road will be closed (eastbound only), between Tarbock Island and Ochre Brook, on Monday 21 October 2019 between 2000 and 0600.
- Grove Road (Wallasey) – Routes 106 and 107 are affected.
- Grove Road will be closed, between Sandcliffe Road and Harrison Drive, from Thursday 24 October 2019 for approximately 1 week.
- Longview Lane (Huyton) – Routes 8, 9, 217 and 217A are affected.
- Longivew Lane will be closed, between Liverpool Road and Huyton Lane, on Saturday 26 October 2019 between 1800 and 2300.
- Manor Drive (Upton) – Routes 16 and 16A are affected.
- Manor Road will closed, between Norwich Drive and Croft Drive, from Monday 28 October 2019 for approximately 5 days.
- Rainford Road (Windle) – Routes 38A and 38B are affected.
- Rainford Road will be closed (southbound), between Longwood Close and Windle Island, on Monday 28 October 2019 from 1900 until 0600.
- New Chester Road (Birkenhead) **UPDATED** – Route 1 is affected.
- The New Chester Road / Green Lane roundabout will be closed (northbound), between 2100 and 0600 each night, on Thursday 24 and Friday 25 October 2019.
- Bermuda Road (Moreton) – Routes 407 and 423 are affected.
- From Wednesday 23 October 2019 buses will be diverted away from Bermuda Road, Moreton, due to the location of traffic management in relation to gas main renewal works.
- Scouse 5K (city centre) – Routes in Liverpool City Centre are affected.
- The Scouse 5K will take place in Liverpool City Centre on Sunday 27 October 2019 between approximately 0800 and 1100 (1000 for Lime Street closure).
- Kensington (Liverpool) – Routes 10, 10A and 10B are affected.
- Kensington will be closed overnight from the junction of Farnworth Street to the junction of Holt Road on Thursday 245 October 2019 and Friday 25 October from 2000 each night until 0600 the following morning. This is to facilitate carriageway resurfacing.
- Middlewood Street and Hampson Street is closed until mid-November which is affecting the 33 service.
- Mount Street is closed between Peter Street and Albert Square until Friday 25 October. During this period the 84, Freebus 1 and MT1 services will be diverted.
- There are a number of off-peak lane closures on Great Ancoats Street until the end of August which is affecting the 216, 217, 230 and 231.
- Burlington Road will be closed every Saturday from 19 October to Saturday 30 November. This wil affect the 101, 102 and 103 services.
- Higher Cambridge street will be closed at the junction of Mancunian Way until Monday 28 October. This will affect the 101, 102 and 203 services.
- There will be an emergency lane closure in place on Ashton Old Road at junction of Ogden Lane until further notice. This will affect the 7, 216 and 221 services.
- From Monday 21 to Friday 25 October, between the hours of 3am and 5:30am, Metrolink are undertaking improvement works at Cornbrook tram stop. During this time there will be no tram services on the Airport line between Deansgate-Castlefield and Firswood.
- Changes to the tram service pattern will be as follows:
- Airport line- No early morning services between Deansgate-Castlefield and Firswood.
- Bus replacement services will operate to all stops in both directions: Deansgate-Castlefield, Cornbrook, Trafford Bar, Firswood, Chorlton.
Greater Manchester Weekend Rail Update
- Over the weekend, there is expected to be pre-planned cancellations on Northern services travelling from Blackpool North to Victoria and Wigan to Stalybridge. Passengers are strongly advised to check before they travel.
- Over the weekend services travelling around Bristol will be replaced by bus.
- Over the weekend, East Midlands Rail services between Liverpool/Manchester to Norwich will operate to Peterborough only, with onward bus replacement service running to Norwich.
- On Saturday, there will be no trains to Leeds after 11.40pm Saturday and before 11.40am on Sunday. All lines will be closed during this period. Northern services will operate to/from Bradford/Wakefield/Selby with onward replacement bus. Transpennine Express services will start/terminate at Huddersfield/Selby/York with buses to/from Leeds.
- Bank Street and Manor Street are closed until 20 of December which is affecting the 982 and 987 services.
- Castle Street will be closed until Monday 18 November. This will affect the 544 service.
- Knowsley Street is closed for resurfacing until Monday 4 November. This is affecting the 512, 513, 524 and 135 services.
- Cobden Street will be closed from Tuesday 8 October to Tuesday 5 November. This will affect the 410 and 411 services.
- King Street will be closed for carriageway repairs on Tuesday 29 October. This closure will be in place from 9.30am to 3.30pm and will affect all services travelling into Oldham Bus Station.
- Foxdenton lane will be closed from Monday 28 to Wednesday 30 October which will affect the 415 service.
- Whit Lane is closed until the end of October affecting the 74 and 75 services.
- Turncroft Lane and Graham Road are closed until mid-November, affecting the 364 service.
- Market Street (in Droylsden) will be closed (southbound) from Sunday 27 October to Friday 1 November. In addition, Market Street will be closed at junction with Greenside Lane, from Sunday 27 October to Friday 1 November. These closures will affect the following services: 731, 768, and 230.
- Dukinfield Road will be closed from Saturday 26 October to Saturday 9 November. This closure will be in place from 9.30am to 4.30pm on weekdays and 8am to 6pm on the weekend which will affect the 330 service.
- Moss Lane is closed from junction of Manor Road to junction of Stamford New Road until the end of 2019. This closure is affecting the 283, 789 and 790 services.
- Park Road will be closed from Monday 21 to Friday 25 October. This closure will be in place from 9:30am to 3:30pm and will affect the 281, 285 and 286 services.
Source > TfGM
Source > MerseyTravel