Merseyside Bus Diversions
The following changes are updated in the app. You can use Moovit to replan your journeys!
There are disruptions occurring in the following areas, resulting in diversions in these bus routes:
- Acre Lane (Bromborough) – Routes 38, 38A and 38B are affected.
- Acre Lane will be closed, between Dawpool Drive and Ashfield Crescent, from Monday 9 September 2019 until further notice.
- Liverpool Road South (Maghull) – Routes 32, 32A, 33, 300, 310, 720, 721, 723, 725, 727, 728 and 741 are affected.
- Liverpool Road South will be closed, between Northway and The Crescent, from Monday 16 September 2019 for approximately 7 weeks.
- Boyes Brow (Kirkby) – Routes 14 and 133 are affected.
- Boyes Brow will be closed, at County Road and Bank Lane, from Monday 16 September 2019 for approximately 6 months.
- Kensington (Kensington) – Routes 10, 10A, 10B, 26 and 27 are affected.
- Kensington will be closed, between Jubilee Drive and Sheil Road, between 2000 and 0600 each night, from Monday 30 September 2019 for approximately 16 days.
- Dragon Drive and Dragon Lane (Whiston) – Route 99, 239 and 248 are affected.
- Dragon Drive and Dragon Lane will be closed, between Cross Lane and Stoney Lane, from Saturday 28 September 2019 for 4 consecutive weekends.
- Liverpool City Centre Connectivity Scheme – Routes 10B, 12, 13, 79, 79C, 79D, 464.
- Due to increased congestion in Liverpool city centre relating to the connectivity scheme, some services are diverted.
- Southport Road (Lydiate) – Route 1, 38B, 811 and X1 are affected.
- Southport Road will be closed, at Silver Birch Way, from Thursday 10 October 2019 for approximately 11 days.
- New Chester Road (Birkenhead) – Routes 14, 14A, 14B, 14X, 102, 898 and 899 are affected.
- The New Chester Road / Green Lane roundabout will be closed (southbound), between 1900 and 0600 each night, from Monday 14 October 2019 for approximately 3 nights.
- Dale Street (city centre) – Routes 54, 56 and 58A are affected.
- Dale Street will be closed, between Byrom Street and Hatton Garden, from 1000 until 1900 on Friday 11 October 2019; and from 0600 on Monday 14 October 2019 for approximately 2 weeks.
- Telegraph Road (Heswall) – Route 22 is affected.
- Telegraph Road will be closed, between Rocky Lane and Briar Drive, from Thursday 17 until Wednesday 23 October 2019, from 1900 to midnight each night (excluding Saturday and Sunday).
- Warrington Road (Whiston) – Routes F1, F2, F4, F5 and F6 are affected.
- The right turns from Warrington Road into Delph Lane and Dragon Lane will be closed on Saturday 19, Sunday 20, Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 October 2019.
- Victoria Road (Freshfield) – Route 22 is affected.
- Victoria Road will be closed, between Golf Road and Gores Lane, from Monday 21 October 2019 for approximately 3 weeks.
- Station Road (Ainsdale) – Routes 49 and 711 are affected.
- Station Road will be closed, between Shore Road and Liverpool Avenue from Monday 21 October 2019 for approximately 4 days.
- Mill Lane (Sutton Leach) – Routes 32 and 32A are affected.
- Mill Lane will be closed, at Humber Crescent, on Sunday 20 October 2019 from 0930 to 1530.
- Crank Road (Windle) – Routes 38A, 152 and 157 are affected.
- Crank Road will be closed, between Rainford Road and Berringtons Lane, from Tuesday 22 October 2019 for approximately 2 days.
- Chesterfield Road (Crosby) – Routes 54 and 63 are affected.
- Chesterfield Lane will be subjected to restrictions, at Moor Lane, from Wednesday 16 October 2019 for approximately 2 days.
- New Chester Road (New Ferry) – Routes 1, 41, 42, 418, 464 and 811 are affected.
- New Chester Road will be closed, between Esher Road and Legh Road, on Thursday 17 October 2019, between 1800 and 2400; and on Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 October 2019, between 0700 and 2100 each day.
- Liscard Village (Liscard) – Routes 410 and 423 are affected.
- Liscard Village will be closed, between Liscard Crescent and Rake Lane, from Monday 21 October 2019 for approximately 5 nights, between 1900 and midnight each night.
- Middlewood Street and Hampson Street is closed until mid-November which is affecting the 33 service.
- Mount Street is closed between Peter Street and Albert Square until Friday 25 October. During this period the 84, Freebus 1 and MT1 services will be diverted.
- There are a number of off-peak lane closures on Great Ancoats Street until the end of August which is affecting the 216, 217, 230 and 231.
- There will be a lane closure and traffic signals in place on Thorley Lane (near Manchester Airport) until Monday 21 October. This will affect the 288, 737, 103 to WFT, X30 to WFT services.
- Burlington Road will be closed every Saturday from 19 October to Saturday 30 November. This wil affect the 101, 102 and 103 services.
- Eccles Interchange will be closed on 20 October due to resurfacing on Church Street and Regent Street. This closure will be in place from 7:30am to 7pm and will affect the following services: 2, 10, 33, 67, 68, 70, 100.
- Birch Road will be closed at the junction of Laburnam Road from Wednesday 23 to Friday 25 October. This will affect the 29 service.
- On Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 October, there are planned improvement works taking place on the Bury line as part of the Trafford Park line project.
- Changes to the tram service pattern will be as follows:
- Bury line- No service Bury to Piccadilly.
- Altrincham line- All services will terminate at Piccadilly.
- Bus replacement services will operate to all stops in both directions: Bury, Radcliffe, Whitefield, Besses o’th’ Barn, Prestwich, Heaton Park, Bowker Vale, Crumpsall, Abraham Moss, Queens Road, Victoria, Shudehill, Piccadilly Gardens, Piccadilly.
Greater Manchester Weekend Rail Update
- Over the weekend, there is expected to be pre-planned cancellations on Northern services travelling from Blackpool North to Victoria and Wigan to Stalybridge. Passengers are strongly advised to check before they travel.
- On Sunday services travelling between Manchester Piccadilly and Hadfield/Glossop will be replaced by bus.
- Over the weekend, East Midlands Rail services between Liverpool/Manchester to Norwich will operate to Peterborough only, with onward bus replacement service running to Norwich.
- On Sunday, Virgin Trains services towards Preston will be diverted via Piccadilly with bus replacement to Wigan North Western.
- On Sunday engineering will be taking place on Rochdale to Todmorden line. A replacement bus service will run from Rochdale to Hebden Bridge.
- On Sunday Trains for Wales services will be part replaced by bus in the Cardiff area..
- Bank Street and Manor Street are closed until 20 of December which is affecting the 982 and 987 services.
- Harrowby Street will be closed for one week from Tuesday 15 to Tuesday 22 October. This will affect the following services: 68, 501, X39, Y40, 976, 978
- Whitefield Bus Stop will be closed from Saturday 5 to Monday 7 October. This will affect the 95 service.
- Woodward Road is closed, from 8am to 5.30pm, until approximately Thursday 17 October which is affecting the 92, 93 and 95 services.
- Knowsley Street is closed for resurfacing until Monday 4 November. This is affecting the 512, 513, 524 and 135 services.
- Cobden Street will be closed from Tuesday 8 October to Tuesday 5 November. This will affect the 410 and 411 services.
- Union Street will be closed overnight from 11am to 5pm at the junction of Prince Street on Monday 21 October. This will affect all services from Mumps towards Oldham.
- Whit Lane is closed until the end of September affecting the 74 and 75 services.
- Fitzwarren Street is closed until Friday 18 October which is affecting the following services: 27, 29, 50, 73 and 79.
- Turncroft Lane and Graham Road are closed until mid-November, affecting the 364 service.
- Katherine Street will be closed for one night on Monday 21 October. This closure will take place from 7pm to 10pm and will affect the 216, 219 and 347 services.
- Moss Lane is closed from junction of Manor Road to junction of Stamford New Road until the end of 2019. This closure is affecting the 283, 789 and 790 services.
- Craven Road will be closed from the junction of George Richards Way to junction of Sinderland Road from 9.30am on Monday 14 to Friday 18 October. This will affect the CAT5A, 247 and 281 services.
- Park Road will be closed from Monday 21 to Friday 25 October. This closure will be in place from 9:30am to 3:30pm and will affect the 281, 285 and 286 services.
Source > TfGM
Source > MerseyTravel