Travel in the North West
The following changes are updated in the app. You can use Moovit to replan your journeys!
There are disruptions occurring in the following areas, resulting in diversions in these bus routes:
- Elton Head Road (St Helens) – Routes 156, 719 and 733 are affected.
- Elton Head Road will be closed, between The Score and St Helens Linkway, from Thursday 23 August 2018 until further notice.
- Liverpool Road (Widnes) – Routes 14, 14A, 14C, 38, 62, 62A, 79C, 500, 982 and X5 are affected.
- Liverpool Road will be closed, between Prescot Road and Heath Road, from Monday 22 July 2019 for approximately 5 weeks.
- Queens Drive (Aigburth) – Routes 68, 68A and 68E are affected.
- Queens Drive will be closed in one direction only between Mossley Hill Drive and North Mossley Hill Road from Monday 22 July until Friday 30 August 2019.
- Alt Road (Formby) – Routes F3 and F6 are affected.
- Alt Road will be closed between Altcar Road and Redgate from Friday 2 until Friday 23 August 2019.
- Aintree Lane (Aintree) – Route 159 is affected.
- Aintree Lane will be closed, between Melling Road and Mostyn Avenue, from Monday 12 August 2019 for approximately 3 weeks.
- Rupert Road (Huyton) – Routes 8, 9, 15 and 227 are affected.
- Rupert Road will be closed, between Stanley Road and Kingsway, on Wednesday 21 August 2019 from 1900 until 2200.
- Prescot Road (Kensington) – Routes 10, 10A and 10B are affected.
- Prescot Road will be closed, between Sheil Road and Laurel Road, from Wednesday 21 August 2019 for approximately 4 nights, from 2000 until 0600 each night.
- Mill Lane (Sutton Leach) – Routes 32 and 32A are affected.
- Mill Lane will be closed, at Humber Crescent, on Sunday 25 August 2019 only.
- Old Chester Road (Rock Ferry) – Routes 38B, 41/41A/41B, 42, 410 and 418 are affected.
- Old Chester Road will be closed, between Bedford Road and Bedford Avenue, from Monday 19 August 2019 for approximately 1 week.
- Argyle Street (Birkenhead) – Routes 1, 38B, 41, 41A, 42, 410 and 811 are affected.
- Argyle Street will be closed (southbound), between Grange Street East and Back Oliver Street, from Monday 19 August 2019 for approximately 1 week.
- Nutgrove Hall Drive (Thatto Heath) – Route 289 is affected.
- Nutgrove Hall Drive will be closed, at Nutgrove Road, from Tuesday 27 August 2019 for approximately 4 days.
- Prescot Road (Fairfield) – Routes 10, 10A and 10B are affected.
- Prescot Road will be closed, between Laurel Road and Green Lane, from Tuesday 27 August 2019 for approximately 16 nights, from 2000 to 0600 each night.
- Seel Road (Huyton) – Routes 8, 9, 236 and 246 are affected.
- Seel Road will be closed, between Attlee Road and the railway bridge, from Tuesday 27 August 2019 for approximately 3 days.
- Old Greasby Road and Ford Road (Upton) – Routes 16, 16A, 17, 216, 217, 418 and 437 are affected.
- Old Greasby Road and Ford Road will be closed, at Arrowe Park Road, from Tuesday 27 August 2019 for approximately 3 days.
- Bowland Drive (Litherland) – Route 144 is affected.
- Bowland Drive will be closed, from Wednesday 28 August 2019 for approximately 2 days.
- Poulton Road (Wallasey) – Route 433 is affected.
- Poulton Road will be closed, between Halville Road and Ilchester Road, from Wednesday 28 August 2019 for approximately 2 days.
- Long Lane (Fazakerley) – Route 61 is affected.
- Long Lane will be closed, between Hanson Road and Stopgate Road, from Monday 26 August 2019 for approximately 2 weeks.
- Connectivity Scheme – Current Diversions (city centre) **UPDATED**.
- Outbound services using Victoria Street and Sir Thomas Street are affected, as well as some inbound services.
- Victoria Street and Sir Thomas Street will be subject to lane closures and stop suspensions from Monday 4 February 2019 for approximately 10 months.
- St Helens RLFC Homecoming Parade (to be confirmed) – Routes 10, 10A, 17, 30, 32, 32A, 33, 35E, 37, 38A, 60, 89 and 352 are affected.
- If St Helens RLFC win in the Challenge Cup Final there will be a Homecoming Parade on Sunday 25 August 2019. Bus diversions will be in place in St Helens town centre between 1400 and 1800.
Metrolink engineering works affecting early Airport services
- From Monday 26th August until Friday 30th August, between the hours of 3am and 5:30am, Metrolink are undertaking essential engineering works on the Airport line between Deansgate-Castlefield and Firswood.
- Airport line- No early morning services between Deansgate-Castlefield and Firswood.
- Bus replacement services will operate in both directions calling at all stops:
- Deansgate-Castlefield, Cornbrook, Trafford Bar, Firswood, Chorlton.
Source > MerseyTravel
Source > TfGM