Industrial action to affect National Rail & First Bus Manchester services on various dates from 31 July to 12 August
ASLEF action short of a strike – from Monday 31 July to Saturday 5 August; and from Monday 7 to Saturday 12 August
The ASLEF union have announced action short of a strike affecting some train operators from Monday 31 July to Saturday 5 August, and from Monday 7 August to Saturday 12 August. This action involves ASLEF members withdrawing from working overtime during this time.
The following train operating companies are affected by the ASLEF action short of a strike and have indicated that they do not expect to be able to run their full timetable. Please check before you travel:
South Western Railway and Island Line
The following train operating companies may also be affected. They are currently expecting to be able to run their full timetable although they might experience short notice cancellations. Please check before you travel:
Avanti West Coast
East Midlands Railway
Great Western Railway
London Northwestern Railway
West Midlands Railway
First Bus Manchester
First Manchester services in Rochdale, Oldham, Manchester and Ashton will be affected on the following dates:
- Monday 31 July
- Wednesday 2 August
- Friday 4 August
- Monday 7 August
- Thursday 10 August
- Friday 11 August
- 57 – Oldham – Shaw – Rushcroft – Heyside – Higginshaw circular
- 59 – Piccadilly Gardens – Middleton – Chadderton – Oldham Mumps
- 81 – Piccadilly Gardens – Moston – White Gate – Werneth – Oldham
- 83 – Piccadilly Gardens – Failsworth – Oldham – Sholver
- 84 – Piccadilly Gardens – Hollinwood – Oldham – Lees – Uppermill
- 180 – Oldham – Clarksfield – Lees – Grasscroft – Greenfield
- 181 – Piccadilly Gardens – Chadderton – Royton – Wrens Nest
- 182 – Piccadilly Gardens – Chadderton – Royton – Wrens Nest
- 336 – Ashton-under-Lyne – Smallshaw – Hazelhurst – Hurst circular (will be operated by Diamond Bus from Sunday 23 July)
- 337 – Ashton-under-Lyne – Hurst – Hazelhurst – Smallshaw circular (will be operated by Diamond Bus from Sunday 23 July)
- 348 – Ashton-under-Lyne – Stalybridge – Brushes – Carrbrook
- 350 – Ashton-under-Lyne – Mossley – Greenfield – Delph – Oldham
- 389 – Ashton-under-Lyne – Stalybridge – Dukinfield circular (will be operated by Diamond Bus from Sunday 23 July)
- 411 – Oldham – Derker – Lower Moor – Oldham Mumps circular
As of Monday 24 July, although industrial action continues on selected dates, First will be operating the following limited services between approximately 7am and 7pm:
- The 82 will run every hour.
- The 409 will operate at a 15-minute frequency.
- There will be a 425 service every 30 minutes, and a 426 service every hour.
All school services that First Bus Manchester manage will continue to run from Monday 3 July.
The Vantage V1 and V2 services that First Bus Manchester operates will not be impacted and will run as normal on planned strike dates.
The 184 Oldham – Greenacres – Diggle – Huddersfield Town Centre will also not be impacted and will operate as normal.
The 336, 337 and 389 services will be operated by Diamond Bus from Sunday 23 July and will no longer be impacted by the strikes.
Metrolink will be running on strike days, and operates in the Oldham, Rochdale and Ashton-under-Lyne areas.
The Oldham/Rochdale line includes stops to Manchester city centre, then onwards through South Manchester to East Didsbury.
The Ashton line calls at stops to Manchester city centre, then onwards to Eccles.
Both the Oldham/Rochdale and Ashton lines operate to a 12-minute frequency from the start to the end of service. The Shaw and Crompton line is an additional peak service that runs from Shaw and Crompton onto Manchester city centre, through South Manchester to East Didsbury.
Source: National Rail & First Bus Manchester