Macy’s Annual 4th of July Fireworks Display
|Location: The East River|
Click here for more information on the Fireworks Display.
Best viewing locations: Manhattan, FDR Drive; Entry points between Houston St and 42 St
|Closest subways to the viewing areas*:|
|Delancey St-Essex St|
|14 St-Union Sq|
|Grand Central-42 St|
|Lexington Av/53 St|
|*Note: Planned service changes may affect travel to and from the event areas, click here to check your route.Although subject to reroute, the following buses serve the viewing areas:|
M1, M2, M3, M7, M8, M9, M14A/D, M15, M15 SBS, M20, M21, M22, M23 SBS, M34/M34A SBS, M42, M50, M55, M57, M103, B39, BM1, BM2, BM3, BM4, X1, X10, X17, X27, X28, X37, X38
There will also be schedule changes on the Metro-North, which will operate on a Sunday schedule.
Long Island Rail Road operates on a Sunday schedule.
NYC Ferry will also be impacted by the event, with all four of its routes operating on a weekend schedule, and the following changes to specific routes:
East River route:
- Last Wall St./Pier 11 departure bound for E.34th Street: 1:38 pm
- Last E.34th St departure bound for Wall St./Pier 11: 2:39 pm
- Last Wall St./Pier 11 departure bound for Astoria: 1:49 pm
- Last Astoria departure bound for Wall St./Pier 11: 2:34 pm
Service will operate as normal, but some stations in Manhattan and Queens will be out of service to allow for fireworks setup.
All lines operate on a Sunday schedule.
More information here
How can Moovit help you?
- For the latest information check
@NYCTSubway, @NYCTBus, @LIRR, @MetroNorth, @NJTRANSIT
- Always check service alerts found in the Alerts tab, to make sure you have the latest information
- Make sure to check for changes to schedules before getting on-board
You ride, we guide.