❄️Please make sure to check for status updates before traveling due to severe weather condition!❄️
Updates from the MTA:
Winter at the MTA
Here’s what to know about how we prepare for winter weather, including how snow storms might affect travel on subways, buses, LIRR, Metro-North, and bridges and tunnels. Keeping the public and our employees safe is our top goal. Protecting our vehicles and tracks helps us get regular service rolling as quickly and safely as possible after severe weather.
How you can travel safely
- Use handrails (and hand sanitizer) in stations and trains.
- Be careful boarding and exiting trains. Don’t move between train cars.
- Don’t run, especially on wet or icy surfaces.
- Listen for station announcements and check digital signs in stations for updates.
- Check the weather and transit service status before you travel. If the weather is severe enough, it might be safer to not travel at all if you can avoid it.
Get real-time information
We want you to know about service changes as far in advance as possible. Find the latest service status on our homepage or in the MYmta app. You can also follow us on Twitter at @mta and @nyctsubway.
Possible service changes due to weather
We work with city and state partners to monitor weather and keep our riders, employees, and equipment safe. Find the latest service information on our homepage or on the MYmta app.
These are examples of service changes you may see. Our plans change depending on specific weather conditions.
- Express trains running local
- Trains running only on the underground parts of a line or the entire system
- No trains running on some lines
- No trains running throughout the system
- Route cancellations
- Longer waits between buses
- Buses might skip stops
LIRR and Metro-North
- Reduced or suspended service on some routes
- Reduced or suspended service throughout the system
Staten Island Railway
- Trains running local
- Delays in service while we clear snow and ice from the tracks
- Might shut down service on the whole line
- Reduced or delayed service
- Feeder service and conditional eligibility might not be enforced
- Reservations accepted up to 24 hours in advance, instead of 48
Bridges and tunnels
- Speed restrictions on roadways, ramps, and toll plazas
- Reduced road capacity or closures
- For bridges, speed restrictions or intermittent closures