Construction of the new six-platform Perth Stadium Station has started and will be completed at the end of 2017, in time for the Perth Stadium opening at the start of the 2018 AFL season.
While most of the construction work takes place while trains are running, some work must be undertaken when there are no trains on the line, and as such, full line closures of the Armadale and Thornlie lines are required.
Services will be cancelled as outlined below, however train replacement buses will be operating. Detailed information on each closure is available at least two weeks before the disruption.
- Night closures: Evenings Sunday 8 until Thursday 12 May
- Weekend closure: Evening of Friday 13 until last service Saturday 14 May
- Night closures: Evenings of Sunday 15 until Thursday 19 May
- Night closures: Evenings of Sunday 22 until Thursday 27 May
- Weekend closure: Evening of Friday 27 until last service Saturday 28 May
- Night closures: Evenings of Tuesday 7 until Thursday 9 June
- Night closures: Evenings of Monday 20 until Thursday 23 June
- Weekend closure: Evening of Friday 24 until last service Saturday 25 June
- Nine-day Shutdown: evening of Friday 1 July until last service Saturday 9 July
As the nine-day Shutdown will affect five business days from Monday 4 July through to Friday 8 July, detailed service information will be available by late May.