All SEPTA Regional Rail, bus, trolley, Market Frankford, Broad Street and Norristown High Speed Lines will operate on a Sunday schedule on Wednesday, July 4th, with special late-night service to accommodate holiday revelers from the Benjamin Franklin Parkway.
- A total of 10 extra trains will be dispatched starting at 4:30 p.m. to provide service every five minutes.
- These extra trips will run until 12:30 a.m. to help users get home after the event.
- Market-Frankford Line Night Owl buses will replace trains at 12:30 a.m.
- SEPTA’s 15th Street Station provides riders access to and from the Parkway festivities.
Broad Street Line
- Increased service- 8 extra trains will be dispatched starting at 4:30 p.m. to provide service every five minutes.
- These service levels will remain in effect until 12:30 a.m., when Night Owl bus service will replace trains.
- Several Broad Street Line stations are within walking distance of the event, including Spring Garden, Race-Vine and City Hall.
- Because trains will operate on a Sunday schedule, all night train service will be available Tuesday evening, July 3rd into early Wednesday morning, July 4th on both subway lines.
- Trains will operate on a regular Sunday schedule the entire service day July 4th.
- Bus routes 7, 32, 33, 38, 43, and 48 will operate on a temporary detour before, during, and immediately following the concert and fireworks on the Ben Franklin Parkway (20th St. to the Museum of Art, 17th through 23rd Sts.) from 5 a.m., Wednesday, July 4 – 1 a.m., Thursday, July 5, 2018.
- Select Regional Rail trains will be added to the service schedule or held later than regularly scheduled for users leaving Center City Philadelphia after the fireworks and concert on the Ben Franklin Parkway.
- Late night trains will serve Airport Terminals; Chestnut Hill East; Chestnut Hill West; Doylestown; Fox Chase; Malvern; Media/Elwyn; Marcus Hook; Trenton; Warminster; and West Trenton Stations.
- More information is available here: http://www.septa.org/events/pdf/2018-07-rrd-late-night.pdf
- In addition to late night train service, ticket offices at select Regional Rail Stations will have special holiday hours.
- To view the special holiday ticket office hours visit: http://septa.org/events/holiday.html
All lines operate on a Sunday schedule.
More information here
How can Moovit help you?
- For the latest information check @SEPTA and SEPTA System Status
- Always check service alerts found in the Alerts tab, to make sure you have the latest information
- Make sure to check for changes to schedules before getting on-board
Learn more about checking Alerts in Moovit in Moovit’s Help Center or in Moovit’s Blog.
You ride, we guide.