Moovit has the SEPTA updates you need to navigate the NFL draft.
Transit changes in effect today, Thursday, April 27 -Saturday, April 29, 2017.
The 2017 NFL Draft returns to Philadelphia for the first time since 1961 for 3 packed days of events on the Ben Franklin Parkway.
The player draft, will be held in a specially constructed Theater at the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
The NFL has put together an exciting free festival complete with interactive exhibits, games, virtual reality experiences, and free player autograph sessions in the area of the Ben Franklin Parkway, Eakins Oval, and the Museum.
Draft/Festival Event Schedule
Thursday, April 27: 12 Noon- 11 p.m.
Friday, April 28: 12 Noon- 11 p.m.
Saturday, April 29: 10:00 a.m. – 7 p.m.
SEPTA Service & Travel Tips
With the expected crowds, parking, especially at SEPTA station lots will fill quickly. Details about parking are listed below but we suggest that you consider all of our service options to take you from your travel starting point out to the Parkway.
Philly will begin closing area roads before the Draft starts. Several SEPTA Bus Routes will operate on temporary detours on Monday, May 1st.
Bus Routes 38 and 43 will operate on a temporary detour during the event, starting April 27th.
Thursday, April 27, 2017:
3:00 a.m., Thursday, April 27th through 9:00 a.m., Sunday, April 30th
Location: Anne d’Harnoncourt Dr. between Kelly Dr. and Spring Garden St. (behind the Philadelphia Museum of Art)
- Eastbound via 34TH Street: left/MARKET ST., REGULAR ROUTE. (Stops missed – 12)
- Westbound via JFK BLVD: left/20TH ST., right/MARKET ST., right/33RD ST., left/MANTUA Ave., REGULAR ROUTE. (Stops missed – 12)
- Eastbound via SPRING GARDEN Street: Left/33RD ST., left/MANTUA ST., right/34TH ST., right/GIRARD AVE., right/POPLAR DR., left/POPLAR ST., right/ CORINTHIAN ST., left/FAIRMOUNT AVE., right/RIDGE AVE., right/15th ST., Left/SPRING GARDEN ST., REGULAR ROUTE. (Stops missed – 13)
- Westbound via SPRING GARDEN Street: Right/13th St., Left/Ridge Ave., Left/Fairmount Ave., Right/Corithian St., Left/Girard Ave., Right/West College Ave., Left/Girard Ave., Left/34th St., Right/Haverford Ave., regular route. (Stops missed – 17)
Monday, May 1, 2017:
- 9:00 p.m., Monday, May 1st through End of Service, Tuesday, May 9th
Location: Eakins Oval, Martin Luther King Dr., and the area in front of the Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Eastbound via Art Museum Drive straight across the drive onto 25th Street: Right/Pennsylvania., Left/Spring Garden St., Right/19th St., Left/Market St., Regular Route.
- Westbound via 20th Street: Left/Spring Garden St., Right/Pennsylvania Ave., Left/25th Street onto Art Museum Dr., regular route.
- Westbound via Spring Garden Street: Right/Pennsylvania Ave., Left-25th St., Cross Kelly Dr. onto Art Museum Dr., Right-Spring Garden St., Regular Route.
- Eastbound via Spring Garden Street: Left/Anne d’Harnoncourt Drive then straight across Kelly Drive onto 25th St., Right-Pennsylvania Ave., Left-Spring Garden St., Regular Route
Route 27 (all pull ins from Center City)
- Northbound via 16th Street: R-I-676 West to I-76 West Schuylkill Expy, R-Exit #340 B US 1 North Roosevelt Extension, R-Exit at Wissahickon (South), R-Roberts Ave., L- Henry Ave., L-Allegheny Ave., right into depot