Late Night Changes to Weekday and Saturday & Sunday Service
Beginning Monday, June 19, 2017
- Due to an ongoing track improvement project, adjustments to late night service will take effect starting Monday, June 19th for select Regional Rail trains departing after 9:00 p.m. This construction is expected to last 18 weeks.
Which Regional Rail Lines are Impacted?
Airport, Lansdale/Doylestown, Media/Elwyn, Warminster, and West Trenton Line late night trains.
- Select late night trains will experience in-service delays between Jenkintown-Wyncote and Fern Rock Transportation Center.
- Users should prepare for additional travel time.
- Weekday service will terminate at Temple University Station for trains:
- #466 (departing terminals at 9:07 p.m. – Alternate Option: Lansdale/Doylestown #594, departing Suburban at 9:50 p.m., with stops at Melrose Park, Elkins Park Stations),
- #470 (departing terminals at 10:07 p.m. – Alternate Option, Warminster #472, departing Suburban at 11:05 p.m.), and
- #474 (departing terminals at 11:07 p.m. – Alternate Option: Lansdale/Doylestown #596, departing Suburban at 11:35 p.m., with stops at Melrose Park, Elkins Park Stations)
- Weekday Train
- #475 (departing Glenside at 10:23 p.m.) will be CANCELED, however, this train will still operate from Temple University (departing at 10:44 p.m.) with service to airport terminals.
- As an alternate for service from Glenside, users should take Train #473 (departing Glenside at 9:51 p.m.) or Train #477 (departing Glenside at 10:51 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday Train #476 (departing terminals at 11:37 p.m.) service will terminate at Temple University Station (Alternate Option: Glenside #478, departing Suburban at 12:35 a.m.)
- Weekday Train #587 (departing Doylestown at 9:06 p.m.) will depart 20 minutes EARLIER at 8:46 p.m. and 10 minutes EARLIER between Lansdale and North Broad Stations (This train will depart Lansdale Station at 9:15 p.m.)
- Weekday Train #591 (departing Doylestown at 11:07 p.m.) will depart 7 minutes LATER
- Saturday & Sunday Train #338 (departing Elwyn at 11:11 p.m.) will depart 15 minutes LATER
- Weekday Train #473 (departing Warminster at 9:30 p.m.) will depart 10 minutes EARLIER at 9:20 p.m.
West Trenton Line
- Saturday & Sunday Trains:
- #331 (departing West Trenton at 9:03 p.m.),
- #333 (departing West Trenton at 10:03 p.m.), and #337 (departing West Trenton at 11:52 p.m.) will depart 10 minutes LATER.
- D-Stops will be added to these trains for service continuing to Elwyn Station.
- Train #338 (departing Suburban at 11:57 p.m.) will depart 15 minutes LATER with D-stops between Jenkintown-Wyncote and Yardley (D-Stops discharge or pickup passengers but may depart ahead of schedule)
Opposite Side Boarding at Melrose & Elkins Park Stations
- While this work takes place, ALL trains will board from the INBOUND (toward Center City) platform at Melrose and Elkins Park Stations beginning at 9:30 p.m. and continuing until the end of the service day.
- This boarding location is scheduled to change in August. Please listen for station announcements or check System Status for updates or additional boarding and service information.
Moovit updates regularly with the latest SEPTA service changes to make sure you have a smooth trip.