Port Authority Stadium Service
Port Authority offers a variety of convenient public transit options to enjoy your favorite sports teams. Learn more about how to get to Pirates, Steelers and Penguins games – as well as concerts and other events – at PNC Park, Heinz Field and CONSOL Energy Center.
Port Authority’s light rail system, known as the T, offers quick, convenient service to Pittsburgh’s sports venues. Best of all, riding the T is free within Downtown and the North Shore!
- North Side T Station is located just a short walk from PNC Park, home of the Pittsburgh Pirates baseball team. The station is located directly under the West General Robinson Street Parking Garage.
- Allegheny T Station is just feet from Heinz Field, providing convenient service to Pittsburgh Steelers and Pitt Panthers football games, as well as other stadium events.
Riders using light rail to attend Steelers games should allow for extra travel time due to large crowds. View more information and tips for riders taking the T to Heinz Field.
All T rides are free at all times between the two North Shore stations (Allegheny and North Side) and all four Downtown stations (Gateway, Wood Street, Steel Plaza and First Avenue Station). See the light rail maps at right for more information (click to enlarge).
View current light rail schedules:
Riders in the South Hills can take the T to stations near the stadiums. Additionally, most Port Authority bus routes serve Downtown Pittsburgh, where riders can transfer for free to the T to the North Shore.
- From the West Busway, fans can take the G2 to Downtown Pittsburgh. More than 600 park and ride spaces are available at Carnegie, Bell Avenue, Crafton, Idlewood and Sheraden stations.
- From the East Busway, fans can take the P1 to Downtown. More than 1,000 park and ride spaces are available at Swissvale, Hamnett and Wilkinsburg stations.
CONSOL Energy Center Service
- Steel Plaza T Station is the closest light rail stop to CONSOL Energy Center, home of the Pittsburgh Penguins hockey team as well as other sporting events, concerts and more.
How can Moovit help you?
- For the latest information check @PGHTransit
- Always check service alerts found in the Alerts tab, to make sure you have the latest information
- Make sure to check for changes to schedules before getting on-board
Learn more about checking Alerts in Moovit in Moovit’s Help Center or on Moovit’s Blog.
You ride, we guide.