BART: Rebuilding work to impact Warm Springs, Dublin, Oakland Airport lines Labor Day Weekend
- Due to the heatwave, please build in an extra ten to twenty minutes on top of the additional times below. Trains are running more slowly through Sunday as a precaution against potential rail movement. For more information, visit http://www.bart.gov/news/articles/2017/news20170901
- BART crews will be rebuilding trackway in downtown Oakland during Labor Day weekend from the end of service on Friday through Monday, to make the system safer, quieter, and more reliable.
- No trains will run between 19th Street and Fruitvale stations or between West Oakland and Fruitvale stations and Lake Merritt station will be closed. Riders on the Warm Springs/So. Fremont, Dublin/Pleasanton, and Oakland Airport lines will be impacted (see map on reverse).
- BART crews cannot complete these critical trackway repairs during the overnight hours when we are normally closed for maintenance, which is why we require this extra time.
Crews will replace rail and upgrade electrical systems. We will also use the time during the closure to do other vital maintenance and repair work.
Lake Merritt Station will be closed
- AC Transit will provide bus service on its local 18 (to downtown) and 1 bus routes (to Fruitvale) to and from the station. That service will be free for customers who show their BART Ticket. Extra buses will be provided for trips between Lake Merritt and Fruitvale Station. You can expect 10-25 additional minutes of travel time.
Fleet of free buses between Fruitvale and 19th Street Stations provided by AC Transit
- We will have a fleet of free buses waiting for you outside the station during our normal service hours for “show up and go” service. Just to be safe, please budget an extra 20 to 40 minutes for your trip (especially to OAK airport).
- There will be extra staff in our stations to assist you. Follow signs and listen to announcements for important information.
- The Richmond line is running all weekend, which means more frequent service between the East Bay, San Francisco, and the peninsula.
- Consider using a station not affected by the bus bridge if you are able, like West Oakland or MacArthur.
- The Quickplanner is schedule-based–check RealTime for more accurate information.
- During the closure, the destination signs on platforms in the system from Millbrae and SFO through San Francisco will read “ALL EASTBAY” to prevent passengers from waiting for direct trains to Fremont or Dublin/Pleasanton.
- Lock your bike at our stations rather than bringing them on crowded buses.
- If you are travelling from Dublin/Pleasanton or Warm Springs/So. Fremont and want to go to a destination along the lines to the West Bay, Richmond, or Pittsburg Bay Point, you will have to transfer to the bus at Fruitvale and then board a train at 19th Street to reach your destination.
- If you are coming from the West Bay, West Oakland, Richmond, or Pittsburg/Bay Point and want to go to a destination along the lines to Dublin/Pleasanton or Warm Springs/So. Fremont, you will have to take a train to 19th Street, transfer to a bus and then board a train at Fruitvale reach your destination.