NEW WMATA Metrorail Hours of Operation
Metrorail hours will be adjusted and some Metrobus routes will add trips to accommodate riders.
|Monday – Thursday||5:00 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.|
|Friday||5:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m.|
|Saturday||7:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m.|
|Sunday||8:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.|
Don’t miss the last train of the night! Visit wmata.com/stations to find out when the last train serves the stations you use.
Late Night Metrobus Service
Trips will be added on the following bus routes to provide service in key corridors that no longer have late night or early weekend rail service.
- District of Columbia: 30N, 30S, 42, 52, 54, 64, 70, 80, 90, 92, 96, A2, A6, A8, E4, G8, H4, L2, S2, S4, W4, X2
- Maryland: C4, F4, J2, K6, P12, Q1, Q4
- Virginia: 1A, 2A, 10A, 10N, 16E, 23B, 28A, 38B
Many bus routes serve Downtown DC late at night and on weekends. Check out the District of Columbia late night bus map for Metrobus and DC Circulator routes that operate until 2AM or later.
Rail Service Changes
- Trains will run every 8 minutes on each line during weekday rush periods.
- Additional Red Line service will run between Grosvenor and Silver Spring, with trains arriving every 4 minutes during weekday rush hour.
- Yellow Rush+ will be eliminated. All Yellow Line trains will run between Huntington and Mt Vernon Sq during rush hour, and between Huntington and Fort Totten at other times.
- At stations served by more than one line, trains will arrive every 3-4 minutes during weekday rush hour.
The following routes will have new timetables that reflect schedule changes, added or discontinued trips, or trip time adjustments.
District of Columbia: 30N, 30S, 42, 43*, 52, 54, 64, 70, 80, 90, 92, 96, A2, A6, A8, D8, E4, E6*, G2*, G8, H4, H8, L2, N2*, N4*, N6*, S1*, S2*, S4*, S9*, W4, X2
Maryland: 89, B30*, C4, C11, C13, C21, C22, C26, F4, F13*, H11, H12, H13, J2, J5*, K6, P12, P17*, P18*, P19*, Q1, Q4, T2, W13*, W14*, W19*, Y2, Y7, Y8, Z7
Virginia: 1A, 1C, 2A, 2B, 2T*, 5A, 7W, 7X*, 10A, 10N*, 13Y*, 15K*, 15L*, 16B, 16E, 16J, 16P, 16Y, 17A*, 17B*, 17F*, 17M*, 18P*, 18R*, 18S*, 23B, 28A*, 28X*, 38B, REX*
Keep up-to-date with all SafeTrack service changes by checking alerts in Moovit – Safe Travels!