Starting on Monday, August 20th Third Avenue transit improvements will go into effect!
The biggest change you’ll see is Third Avenue (from Stewart Street to just south of Yesler Way – see map) will be reserved for buses and bikers ONLY, from morning to night, 6 AM – 7 PM, seven days a week.
What this means for transit riders & bikers:
- Faster travel times ALL day long!
- Quicker commutes
- Less Traffic
What this means for drivers:
- NO cars will be allowed on Third Avenue from 6AM to 7PM, seven days a week
- Cars will be allowed on Third Avenue, from 7 PM to 6 AM, seven days a week
- No left turns off Third Avenue, 24/7.
- No on-street parking on Prefontaine Place, 6 AM – 7 PM, seven days a week.
- Permitted commercial vehicles will be allowed to use Third Avenue, from 9 AM – 3 PM and 7 PM – 6 AM, seven days a week.
- You can cross Third Avenue going east-west, 24/7
For more info on the project click here.
You ride, we guide.