With severe hot weather expected in eastern parts of the state on Tuesday 17 and Wednesday 18 January, be heat smart. Plan ahead and think about what time of the day you’re setting out, how long your trip will take and what time you will arrive at your destination.
If possible, you should consider avoiding extreme conditions during the day and keeping your journey to the early morning or early evening.
Following these summer travel tips to stay heat smart:
- If you feel unwell, don’t board the train, bus, light rail or ferry. Ask a member of staff for help.
- If you are on a train and feel unwell, get off at the next station where you can get help from station staff.
- Always carry a bottle of water with you.
- Wait on areas of the station, stop or wharf that are out of direct sunlight if possible.
- Plan your public transport trip with Moovit to avoid the hottest parts of the day.