Route 900 Parramatta loop free shuttle bus services will no longer stop at Parramatta Station on Darcy Street or Parramatta Westfield on Argyle Street while roads are closed to traffic for Parramatta Square development works.
Route 900 will instead continue along Macquarie Street and an alternative stop will be in place on Macquarie Street near United Lane a short walk from Parramatta Station.
Bus services boom
From Sunday 19 February, a major boost to bus services will see more bus trips and new bus routes for passengers in Sydney’s Hills District, as well as areas including the Hunter, Central Coast and the Illawarra.
More than 1,700 extra weekly bus trips which will be introduced to cater for growth in customer demand and provide bus services in new and expanding residential developments.
The new and additional services include:
Hills District residents will benefit from more than 1,000 new weekly trips, including a new route and extended trips.
New route 605 bus service will provide more than 160 weekly trips between North Kellyville and Rouse Hill. This route will link between the growing residential areas in North Kellyville with Rouse Hill Town Centre.
New route 178 bus service will provide 60 weekly trips between Rutherford and Anambah.
In addition, there will be service changes to existing routes 179, 180, 181 and 186 in Rutherford to accommodate the new route.
Additional and altered services include:
- Route 261: Extension of all trips to serve growing residential development in Fletcher
- Routes 401, 403 and 404: Over 40 additional trips to provide earlier and later trips on weekdays and Saturdays, and introduce new services on Sundays.
- Route 32: An additional 10 weekly trips between Gosford and Mangrove Mountain
- Routes 67 and 68: Over 15 additional weekly trips between Wamberal and North Avoca to Gosford via Terrigal
- Route 70 will start and end at Gosford Interchange and not run to Gosford Hospital.
- Routes 1, 4: 30 additional weekly trips on routes 1 and 4 between Austinmer and Bulli to Wollongong.
- Route 32 extension to serve residential development in West Dapto (Brooks Reach)