Bus services will be impacted this week in the Inner West and South Western suburbs of Sydney due to industrial action.
The Transport Workers Union (TWU) and Rail, Tram and Bus Union (RTBU) have advised Transit Systems that their members will be participating in the following industrial action:
- Stoppage of work from 5pm to 7pm on Friday 3 December
- Stoppage of work from 12.01am Monday 6 December until 12.01am Tuesday 7 December for Sydney’s Inner West
- Stoppage of work from 12.01am Tuesday 7 December until 12.01am Wednesday 8 December for South West Sydney
The following bus routes in the Inner West could be impacted on Monday 6 December:
- Route 303, 305, 308, 320, 348, 358, 389, 401, 406, 407, 408, 410, 412, 413, 415, 418, 420, 420N, 422, 423, 423X, 425, 426, 428, 428X, 430, 431, 433, 437, 438N, 438X, 440, 441, 442, 445, 458, 461N, 461X, 464, 466, 469, 470, 473, 476, 477, 478, 479, 480, 483, 487, 490, 491, 492, 493, 502, 503, 504, 504X, 526 and 530
The following bus routes in the South Western suburbs between Parramatta, Liverpool and Bonnyrigg could be impacted on Tuesday 7 December:
- Route 800, 801, 802, 803, 804, 805, 806, 807, 808, 809, 812, 813, 814, 815, 816, 817, 818, 819, 820, 821, 822, 823, 824, 827, 835, 810X, 811X and S10, T80
Inner West light rail replacement bus services are not impacted by this industrial action.
The Rail Tram and Bus Union have notified Transport for NSW that their members intend to take planned industrial action on Tuesday 7 December.
Significant delays are expected on Sydney Trains and NSW TrainLink Intercity services. Trains will run to a reduced timetable and some services will be cancelled.
On Tuesday 7 December
- Due to planned industrial action, trains will run to a reduced frequency throughout the day from first service until last service on the Sydney Trains and NSW TrainLink network. Overnight/early morning services will also be affected.
- Trains will run every 30 minutes on some Sydney Trains suburban lines, and services will be stopping at all stations so customers should expect longer journey times.
- Buses will replace trains on the T3 Bankstown Line between Bankstown and Lidcombe.
T3 Bankstown Line services between Liverpool and the City will continue to run, however at a reduced frequency.
- NSW TrainLink Intercity trains will run to a weekend timetable.
- Buses will replace trains between Lidcombe and Olympic Park.
- Buses will replace South Coast Line trains between Port Kembla and Wollongong, Wollongong and Thirroul, and Wollongong and Kiama.
- Bus services in South Western Sydney, will have a 24-hour stoppage of work starting at 12.01am Tuesday 7 December.
A limited supply of buses will be running on the following routes, see full stop route listings below.
- T3 Bankstown Line between Lidcombe and Bankstown. Trains between Liverpool and the City will continue to run at a reduced frequency.
- South Coast Line between Port Kembla and Wollongong, Wollongong and Thirroul, and Wollongong and Kiama
Please be aware that these replacement buses are limited. Fares will not be charged on train replacement buses.