Free Rides Every Wednesday in July!
“We are committed to improving how people move around the city, and that includes investing in bike sharing in the city to make it easier to travel by bike,” said Mayor Tory. “Cycling is a great way to get around the city, it’s good for fitness and it’s good for the environment. I encourage all Toronto residents and visitors to the city to take advantage of Free Ride Wednesdays in July.”
- Bike Share Toronto will offer free rides every Wednesday in the month of July.
- On Wednesdays, during the month of July rent a bike for up to 30 minutes and it is free.
“We’re very pleased to offer this promotion to Torontonians,” said Toronto Parking Authority President Lorne Persiko. “It’s one way we can thank Torontonians for making Bike Share Toronto such a success, as witnessed by the increased number of rides month over month, and at the same time Celebrate Canada 150.”
A growing trend:
- June 21 saw a new record when the number of rides in a single day hit 6,491.
- In May of 2017 there were 110,096 rides, nearly double the 68,665 rides in May of last year.
- Bike Share Toronto now has almost 9,000 active members and served up 830,000 rides last year.
- Riders have travelled a total of 15,864,047 kms since 2011, offsetting 3,014,169 kg of Co2 emissions.
- Take advantage of Bike Share Toronto’s Free Ride Wednesdays in July!
Use Moovit to find a station near you and…
- Go to the pay station at any of the 200 bike share stations between 12:01 am and 11:59 pm on one of the Wednesdays in July.
- Insert your credit card, select “1 Day Pass” and follow the instructions on the screen. *There is no deposit per bike and trip.
- After completing the transaction, type in the code you received into the keypad on the left side of the docking point of the bike of your choice.
- Go out and explore Toronto for up to a maximum of 30 minutes. *Fees will apply if ride is over allotted 30 minutes.
- Return your bike to any station.
- Take out another bike for a free 30 min ride … as many times as you like.
Plan your trip using Moovit and we’ll guide you there smoothly.*****