Back to school on the TTC
As students return to school for another year, the TTC offers some back-to-school reminders for its customers.
Students 13 years of age and older can ride the TTC with the following fares:
- $2.10 cash fare
- $10.25 for 5 tickets
- $116.75 for monthly Metropass
Children 12 and under ride for free.
- Post-secondary students enrolled full-time at an accredited institution in Toronto are eligible for the Post-Secondary Metropass and must carry the TTC Post-Secondary photo ID when using their Metropass. Photo IDs are available for purchase at the TTC Photo ID Centre at Sherbourne Station or on campus, as some colleges and universities have photo ID days.
- The TTC asks all customers travelling on the TTC to remove backpacks when riding, or place them on their lap or on the floor in front of them as a courtesy to fellow customers.
- There are no subway closures planned for this Labour Day weekend.
- Starting Sept. 5, the TTC is returning to regular non-summer service levels on some bus and streetcar routes. Seasonal service reductions that were made in peak periods on Line 2 (Bloor-Danforth) will end.
- Streetcars will return to the 501/301 Queen route in a limited capacity and with diversions to accommodate various construction projects. Check ttc.ca for details.
- Service on the 502 Downtowner/503 Kingston Rd routes will operate with buses due to a city water project on Queen St. at Coxwell Ave. Buses will divert around the intersection.
- Buses will be used instead of streetcars on the 511 Bathurst.
- Low-floor streetcars will be introduced on the 512 St Clair route starting Sun. Sept. 3. Two-hour time-based transfers will no longer be accepted.
Changes to the following bus routes, including service reliability improvements and seasonal route changes, are as follows and detailed at ttc.ca:
- 22/322 Coxwell
- 30 Lambton
- 44 Kipling South
- 50 Burnhamthorpe
- 75 Sherbourne
- 82 Rosedale
- 85 Sheppard East
- 86 Scarborough
- 110 Islington South
- 123 Shorncliffe
- 160 Bathurst North
- 188 Kipling South Rocket
- 310 Spadina/317 Spadina
- 403 South Don Mills
Summer service will continue on the following routes:
- 121C Fort York-Esplanade – Monday-Friday daytime service to Cherry Beach (Clarke Beach Park) will continue on a trial basis for 2017
- 165 Weston Rd North – Saturday, Sunday, and holiday service to Canada’s Wonderland will continue until the end of the late November.