Tuas West extension of the East-West Line will start service on Sunday, Jun 18.
The new four above-ground stations on Tuas West extension are Tuas Link (EW33), Tuas West Road (EW32), Tuas Crescent (EW31) and Gul Circle (EW30).
Commuters in the Jurong and Tuas Industrial estates can look forward to significant time savings.
The train would operate at an interval of 4-5 minutes during peak hours and at 8 -10 minute intervals during non-peak hours according to SMRT. And there is no change to the service timings for the rest of the stations along the East-West Line.
Every alternate train would proceed to Tuas after Joo Koon station.
Train timings below:
With the opening of the TWE, bus service network will undergo several changes along the Tuas West Extension on the same day. Details below:
New Bus Services:
- Service 247: To operate from Tuas Bus Terminal and serve Tuas Crescent and Tuas Biomedical Park I (i.e. Tuas South Avenues 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and Tuas Bay Link).
- Service 248: To operate from Tuas Bus Terminal and serve Tuas Biomedical Park II (i.e. Tuas South Avenues 5, 9, 10, 12 and 14).
Amended Bus Services:
- Service 254: To ply Pioneer Road, and skip Tuas Crescent and Tuas Avenue 20.
- Service 192: To ply Pioneer Road to serve Tuas West Road MRT Station. On the other hand, it will skip Tuas Link 4 and Tuas Avenue 7. Within the Jurong West area, it will also be amended to ply Jurong West Street 62 instead of Jurong West Street 63.
Integrated Bus Services:
- Services 256 and 258 will be integrated as one service with 256 withdrawn. The integrated Service 258 will operate from Joo Koon Bus Interchange and loop at Jurong West Street 64, via Jurong West Street 81 and Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim.
Bus Services Unchanged:
- Service 182/M & 193 remain unchanged.
You may also be interested in:
All updated in Moovit. Feel free to check it out!
Cover image credit to Land Transport Authority Facebook