Red Line trains will continuously single track between Takoma and Silver Spring from today until August 7th.
- Red Line trains will run between Shady Grove and NoMa-Gallaudet every 6 minutes during AM/PM rush; every 12 minutes midday and evening. Passengers traveling to stations north of NoMa-Gallaudet must transfer to continue their trip.
- Red Line trains will run between Glenmont and Grosvenor every 12 minutes. Customers traveling to stations north of Grosvenor must transfer to continue their trip.
- After 10pm trains will run between Shady Grove and Glenmont every 15 minutes.
- Customers traveling between Fort Totten and Downtown DC should use the Green Line as an alternative.
- All Red Line customers should consider alternate travel options and avoid traveling during rush-hour periods if possible.
Weekend train frequencies may change to coordinate with other planned track work on the Metrorail system.
Red line trains may be very crowded, especially during rush hour due to severe service reductions. Expect significantly longer wait times at the following stations:
|Forest Glen||Rhode Island Ave|