From February 11 through February 28, 2017, SafeTrack Surge #12 will result in an around-the-clock shutdown of the tracks between Rosslyn and Pentagon stations.
- Blue Line trains will be replaced by Yellow Rush+ service running at all times between Franconia-Springfield and Greenbelt
- No trains will run between Rosslyn and Pentagon
- Arlington Cemetery Station will be closed
- No Blue Line trains will be in service
- In Virginia, use Yellow Rush+ and transfer at L’Enfant Plaza to continue your trip.
- In Maryland, use Silver Line instead.
- Yellow Rush+ trains will run all day between Franconia-Springfield & Greenbelt
- Arlington Cemetery Station will be closed (free shuttle buses will run between Pentagon & Arlington Cemetery)
Train frequency during rush hours:
- Yellow Line runs every 8 minutes between Huntington & Mt Vernon Sq
- Yellow Rush+ runs every 8 minutes between Franconia-Springfield & Greenbelt
- Green Line runs every 8 minutes between Branch Ave & Greenbelt
- During midday and evening hours, Yellow Line and Yellow Rush+ trains will run every 12 minutes on each line (every 6 minutes at stations normally served by both Yellow and Blue lines)
- Blue Line customers in Virginia should consider alternate travel options during this surge
- Expect crowding on all Yellow Line trains between DC and Virginia
- Orange and Silver lines will operate normally
- After 9 p.m. all trains will operate every 20 minutes