Extreme Cold Warning for Southern Ontario
Active for next 15 hours · Environment Canada
- Bitterly cold arctic air combined with strong westerly winds have resulted in wind chill values near minus 30 this afternoon.
- Tonight even colder wind chill values near minus 35 are expected.
- Conditions should improve Friday as milder air moves into the region.
- Risks are greater for young children, older adults, people with chronic illnesses, people working or exercising outdoors, and those without proper shelter.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.
- Cover up. Frostbite can develop within minutes on exposed skin, especially with wind chill.
- If it’s too cold for you to stay outside, it’s too cold for your pet to stay outside.
How can Moovit help you?
- Traveling in a wheelchair or with a stroller? Use Moovit’s accessible trip planner!
- For the latest information check @TTCnotices
- Always check service alerts found in the Alerts tab, to make sure you have the latest information
- Make sure to check for changes to schedules before getting on-board
Learn more about checking Alerts in Moovit in Moovit’s Help Center or on Moovit’s Blog.
You ride, we guide.