September 10-11: Extra Forest Hills Stops for My Morning Jacket and Brittany Howard Concert
The LIRR will provide extra service for fans attending the My Morning Jacket and Brittany Howard concert at Forest Hills Stadium on Friday, September 10, and Saturday, September 11. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m.; show begins at 6:30 p.m.
- Use the LIRR TrainTime App to find trains on your branch with added Forest Hills stops.
- Buy LIRR Round-Trip tickets in advance and take your ticket with you when leaving and returning to the train. Tickets may be inspected at Forest Hills Station after exiting and before boarding the train.
- MTA eTix customers: Your smartphone must remain charged for the return portion of your trip, or you will need to purchase a ticket at the station or pay the higher onboard fare on the train.
- Customers returning to Long Island after the concert should board the first available eastbound train at Forest Hills and transfer at Jamaica for connecting service.
- Masks are required onboard trains and in station buildings and enclosed platform waiting rooms, regardless of your vaccination status. Masks must completely cover your nose and mouth and remain on for the duration of your travel.
September 11-12, 18-19: LIRR Expansion Project Switch Work Alters Weekend Schedules
Service Change Overview
Special weekend timetables will be in effect for all branches on the weekends of September 11-12 and 18-19 while we perform switch work near Merillon Avenue as part of the LIRR Expansion Project.
To allow this work to proceed, the LIRR will suspend Main Line train service between Hicksville and Jamaica.
A map depicting the service changes appears at the bottom of this page.
Huntington/Port Jefferson and Ronkonkoma Branch Service Changes
Westbound train service terminates at Hicksville. Transfer to a diesel shuttle train stopping at Bethpage and Babylon, where electric train service will resume. For eastbound customers, reverse the process by traveling to Babylon and boarding a diesel shuttle train stopping at Bethpage and Hicksville, where electric train service will resume. Please allow up to 60 minutes of additional travel time.
New Hyde Park, Merillon Avenue, Mineola, Carle Place, and Westbury Stations: There will be no train service. As an alternative, use the Hempstead Branch, where weekend service will be increased from hourly to half-hourly, or NICE Bus service. LIRR tickets will be cross-honored on the N22/24 bus routes for service between Hicksville and Mineola, and the N40/N41 bus routes for service between Mineola and Hempstead. See nicebus.com for schedules. Note: Between midnight and 5 a.m., the LIRR Expansion Project team will provide shuttle buses stopping at Mineola and Hicksville as an alternative for customers at these two Main Line stations when NICE Bus service is unavailable.
Bethpage Station: Bethpage Station will be served solely by a diesel-powered shuttle train with bi-level cars that will operate between Hicksville, Bethpage, and Babylon. Electric trains will not stop at Bethpage Station.
Westbound customers should wait on the eastbound platform (Track 2, Platform B) and board a shuttle train to Babylon. At Babylon, transfer to westbound express trains to Penn Station that make limited stops, including Jamaica.
Eastbound customers should wait on the westbound platform (Track 1, Platform A) and board a shuttle train to Hicksville. At Hicksville, transfer to an eastbound electric train for service to stations from Farmingdale to Ronkonkoma. Please plan ahead and allow additional time to safely cross the Stewart Avenue grade crossing when getting to and from the opposite station platform.
Oyster Bay Branch Service Changes
Service will operate every two hours. All trains terminate/originate at East Williston Station. Take free LIRR shuttle buses between East Williston, Mineola and Hempstead, where half-hourly train service will be available, or use the Port Washington Branch.
Hempstead Branch Service Changes
Service on the Hempstead Branch will be increased from hourly to half-hourly to help accommodate affected customers.