Weekend SF Caltrain Closure October 6, 2018 – Late Spring 2019
Trains will NOT serve the San Francisco or 22nd Street stations on weekends from October 6, 2018 to Late Spring 2019.
Trains will terminate at Bayshore Station.
- Free bus service will be available for Caltrain riders from Bayshore Station to 22nd Street and San Francisco stations during regular weekend Caltrain service.
- Bus schedules will be included in Caltrain’s weekend timetable. Buses will run on a schedule different from the standard Caltrain weekend schedule, so plan for additional travel time. Buses are ADA accessible and will have limited capacity for luggage and bikes onboard.
This closure is necessary to complete the San Francisco Tunnel Work, which will pave the way for Caltrain Electrification. Caltrain Electrification will make it possible to increase service while offering several advantages over the existing diesel fleet.
There will be Caltrain ambassadors at the San Francisco, 22nd Street, and Bayshore stations to assist riders.
- The San Francisco Station lobby will remain open for access to restrooms, ticket machines and Clipper Add Value machines, Tazza D’Amore, Subway and Bow-K Flowers.
- 22nd Street Station will be closed with no access to Clipper or ticket machines. Riders that normally use 22nd Street can use the free bus service and purchase tickets at Bayshore Station.
- Bayshore Station will be open. There will be no weekend parking in the Bayshore Station parking lot. There will be limited parking on the street.
You ride, we guide.