Coronavirus – COVID-19
When travelling on public transport you must wear a fitted face mask covering your nose and mouth and ensure you wear it for your entire journey.
Major works this winter
As part of Victoria’s Big Build, major works will continue in June, July and August to remove more than 20 dangerous and congested level crossings, including the Ferguson Street level crossing in Williamstown. The Metro Tunnel, Sunbury Line Upgrade and Regional Rail Revival projects on the Geelong, Warrnambool, Bendigo, Echuca and Swan Hill lines will also progress.
Critical maintenance works will also take place on our rail and tram networks to ensure services continue to run reliably. There’ll be disruptions to the public transport and road networks while these works take place. Be sure to plan ahead and allow extra time.
Belgrave and Lilydale Lines
- Buses replace trains between Blackburn and Belgrave/Lilydale stations from 8.30pm Friday 16 July to last service Sunday 18 July, due to level crossing removal works
Craigieburn and Sunburry lines
- Craigieburn and Sunbury trains run direct to and from Flinders Street, not via the City Loop, from 9pm Friday 16 July to last train Sunday 18 July, due to works.
Cranbourne and Pakenham Lines
- Cranbourne and Pakenham trains run direct to and from Flinders Street, not via the City Loop from 9pm to last train each night, Sunday 11 July to Wednesday 14 July, due to works.
- Buses replace trains between Heidelberg and Hurstbridge from 9pm Friday 9 July to last service Sunday 11 July, while Hurstbridge Line Duplication works take place.
- Buses replace trains between Ringwood and Lilydale stations from 10.30pm to last service each night from Sunday 4 July to Thursday 8 July, due to level crossing removal works.
- Buses replace trains between Ringwood and Lilydale stations from 10.30pm to last service each night from Monday 12 July to Thursday 15 July, due to level crossing removal works.
- Buses replace trains between North Melbourne/Sunshine and Sunbury stations at select times from first train Monday 5 July to last service Thursday 8 July, due to Sunbury Line upgrade works.
- Buses replace trains between North Melbourne and Upfield stations from 8.35pm Friday 16 July to 12.30am Saturday 17 July, due to infrastructure works.
- Trains on the Upfield Line will only run to/from Southern Cross, from 5.45am Saturday 17 July to 12.15am Sunday 18 July due to works.
- Trains on the Upfield Line will only run to/from Southern Cross, from 6.15am to 9pm Sunday 18 July due to works.
- Buses replace trains between North Melbourne and Upfield stations from 8.35pm to last train each night from Sunday 18 July to Wednesday 21 July, due to infrastructure works.
Werribee and Williamstown Lines
- Buses replace trains between North Melbourne and Newport/Williamstown stations, from 8.35pm to last train each night from Sunday 11 July to Wednesday 14 July, due to works.
Routes 1, 3/3a, 5, 6, 16, 64, 67 and 72
- Route 1, 3/3a, 5, 6, 16, 64, 67 and 72 trams will experience diversions and service changes from 2.30am Sunday 27 June to last tram Sunday 11 July, due to tram track and overhead wire renewal works along Swanston Street, St Kilda Road and Southbank Boulevard.
- You will need to apply for a permit to enter Victoria from anywhere in Australia or New Zealand. Areas will be designated green, orange or red zones by the Chief Health Officer (CHO) based on public health advice. Restrictions will apply to different zones. If you travel interstate, please check the rules that your destination state or territory has in place before you travel.
Interstate V/Line Services
- Select V/Line train and coach services will be affected by service changes from Monday 28 June until further notice, due to state border restrictions.
Ararat, Ballarat and Maryborough Lines
- Coaches replace select evening trains on the Ballarat line for the entire journey from Saturday 10 July to Friday 16 July, due to V/Line maintenance works.
- Coaches will replace Ballarat, Ararat and Maryborough trains between Melton and Southern Cross stations from Saturday 17 July to Sunday 25 July, due to works on the Level Crossing Removal Project.
Bairnsdale and Traralgon Lines
- Coaches will replace evening Traralgon trains for the entire journey on Saturday 17 July and Sunday 18 July, due to V/Line maintenance works.