Coronavirus – COVID-19
When travelling on public transport you must wear a fitted face mask covering your nose and mouth and ensure you wear it for your entire journey.
Major works this autumn
As part of Victoria’s Big Build, major works will continue in June, July and August to remove more than 20 dangerous and congested level crossings, including the Ferguson Street level crossing in Williamstown. The Metro Tunnel, Sunbury Line Upgrade and Regional Rail Revival projects on the Geelong, Warrnambool, Bendigo, Echuca and Swan Hill lines will also progress.
Critical maintenance works will also take place on our rail and tram networks to ensure services continue to run reliably. There’ll be disruptions to the public transport and road networks while these works take place. Be sure to plan ahead and allow extra time.
- Trains on the Craigieburn line will run direct to and from Flinders Street Station, not via the City Loop on 5 June and Sunday 6 June.
- Buses replace Cranbourne trains between Dandenong and Cranbourne stations from 8.30pm Friday 4 June to last service Sunday 6 June 2021, due to level crossing removal works.
Cranbourne and Pakenham Lines
- Buses replace Cranbourne and Pakenham trains between Caulfield and Dandenong/Pakenham stations from 8.40pm Friday 28 May to last train Sunday 30 May, while works take place.
- Buses replace Cranbourne and Pakenham trains between Caulfield and Dandenong stations from 8.40pm to last train each night from Monday 31 May to Wednesday 2 June, while works take place.
- Cranbourne and Pakenham trains run direct to and from Flinders Street, not via the City Loop on Saturday 5 June and Sunday 6 June, due to works. Trains will originate/terminate at Caulfield between 10am and 7.15pm each day.
Hurstbridge and Mernda Lines
- Trains on the Hurstbridge and Mernda lines will run direct to and from Flinders Street Station, not via the City Loop from 9pm Friday 28 May to last train Sunday 30 May, due to works.
- Buses replace trains between Ringwood and Lilydale from 10.30pm Thursday 3 June last service Thursday 3 June, due to level crossing removal works.
- Buses replace Pakenham trains between Dandenong and Pakenham from 8.35pm to last train on Sunday 6 June 2021, due to works.
Sunbury and Upfield Line
- Trains on the Sunbury and Upfield lines will only run to/from Southern Cross, from 6am Saturday 5 June to 1.30am Sunday 6 June.
- Trains on the Sunbury and Upfield lines will only run to/from Southern Cross, from 6am to last train on Sunday 6 June.
- Buses replace trains between Newport, Laverton and Werribee from Tuesday 25 May to last service Sunday 30 May, due to level crossing removal works.
- Buses replace trains between Laverton and Werribee from 8.30pm to last service each night from Sunday 6 June to Tuesday 8 June, due to level crossing removal works.
Routes 19, 58, 59, 70, 75 and 109
- Services will run to an amended timteable during peak travel times on Route 19, 58, 59, 70, 75 and 109 trams from first service Sunday 2 May 2021, due operational requirements.
- Buses will replace Route 86 trams between Stop 42 Miller Street and Bundoora RMIT from 2.30am Saturday 29 May to last tram Sunday 6 June, due to tram track and overhead wire renewal works.
- From 11.59pm on Friday 26 February 2021, you will need to apply for a permit to enter Victoria from anywhere in Australia or New Zealand.
- Before travelling interstate, please ensure you have the necessary permits and are permitted to travel.
- Coaches replace select evening trains on the Ballarat line for the entire journey from Sunday 30 May to Tuesday 1 June, due to works.
- Coaches replace select evening trains on the Ballarat line for the entire journey Friday 4 June to Saturday 5 June and Monday 7 June to Thursday 10 June, due to V/Line maintenance works.
Bairnsdale and Traralgon Line
- Road coaches replace trains on the Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines for their entire journey from Friday 21 May until the last service on Sunday 30 May, due to V/Line maintenance and infrastructure works.
- Road coaches replace evening trains on the Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines from Monday 31 May to Wednesday 2 June, due to Metro works.
- Temporary speed restrictions will be in place on the Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines from Monday 31 May until Monday 28 June, due to critical maintenance work.
Geelong and Warrnambool Lines
- Coaches replace all trains between Waurn Ponds and Marshall and also some morning and evening peak trains between Waurn Ponds and Geelong from Saturday 5 June to Sunday 13 June, due to Waurn Ponds Station Upgrade works.
- Coaches replace all trains on sections of the Warrnambool line from Saturday 5 June to Sunday 13 June, due to Warrnambool Line Upgrade works.