Weekly Travel Alert
Don’t forget to check before you travel.
Public transport will continue to run as normal, but please always plan ahead before you travel.
Current advice for using transport safely
Stagger your travel
Consider changing the time when you need to use public transport.
Travelling outside of peak times will help reduce the number of people using the network and support social distancing measures.
Train passengers can benefit from free early bird travel, with all metropolitan trains free if you touch on and off before 7.15am.
Trains, trams and buses will have increased sanitisation on all touch points and be disinfected more often. All carriages on Metro Trains and V/line trains will undergo nightly sanitisation.
All touch surfaces will be wiped down and entire carriages will be sprayed with disinfectant.
Trams will undergo a deep clean before each service. All high touch areas including next stop buttons, hand rails and grab straps will be wiped down at the beginning of each run.
Bus services will also undergo increased cleaning.
Cashless ways to top up
We encourage you to top up your myki before you travel.
We encourage everyone to practice good hygiene when travelling on public transport.
Isolate yourself at home and avoid travelling on public transport if you feel sick.
Remember these steps to keep yourself and others safe when you are travelling on public transport or out in the community:
- Wash hands often and before travelling with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Don’t wear a face mask if you are well
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol.
You can read more on general health information and advice on Coronavirus (COVID-19) here.
Alamein, Belgrave, Glen Waverley, Hurstbridge, Lilydale, Mernda and Pakenham lines
- Trains on the Alamein, Belgrave, Cranbourne, Glen Waverley, Hurstbridge, Lilydale, Mernda and Pakenham lines will run to an altered timetable from Flinders Street Station from 9.50pm Friday 20 March to 2am Saturday 21 March.
- Buses replace evening and night trains between Ringwood and Belgrave from 8pm to last train each night, Sunday 15 March to Thursday 19 March.
Frankston and Stony Point lines
- Buses replace trains on sections of the Frankston and Stony Point lines from Friday 20 March to Friday 27 March 2020, due to project works
Glen Waverley Line
- Buses replace trains between Burnley and Darling stations at various times between Saturday 14 March and Friday 27 March.
- Buses replace trains between Dandenong and Pakenham:
- 11.30pm Friday 20 March to 6.45am Saturday 21 March
- 8.30pm Saturday 21 March to 7am Sunday 22 March
- 8.10pm to last train Sunday 22 March
- 8.30pm to last train each night, Monday 23 March to Wednesday 25 March
- 8pm Friday 27 March to 8am Saturday 28 March
- 8pm Saturday 28 March to 8am Sunday 29 March
- 8pm to last train each night, Sunday 29 March to Tuesday 31 March
- Buses replace trains between Parliament and Sandringham stations from 7pm Friday 27 March to last train Sunday 5 April, due to maintenance works.
- Buses replace trains between North Melbourne and Upfield stations from 8.30pm on Friday 27 March to last train Sunday 29 March, due to project works.
- Buses replace evening trains between Newport and Werribee stations from:
- 10.55pm Friday 20 March and 6.30am Saturday 21 March
- 8.30pm Saturday 21 March to 6.10am Sunday 22 March
- 8.20pm to last train, Sunday 22 March
- 10.55pm to last train each night, Monday 23 March and Tuesday 24 March
- 8.25pm to last train, Wednesday 25 March
- Buses will replace trains between Laverton and Werribee from 8.40pm Friday 27 March to last train Sunday 29 March, due to project works.
Routes 35 (City Circle), 70 and 75
- Route 35 (City Circle), 70 and 75 trams will be affected by service alterations from first tram Monday 23 March to last tram Sunday 29 March, due to Metro Tunnel works near Flinders and Degraves streets.
- Buses replace Route 86 trams between Stop 42 Miller Street and Bundoora RMIT, from 1.30am Saturday 21 March to last tram Sunday 29 March, due to track renewal and overhead wire works on Plenty Road
Bendigo, Echuca and Swan Hill lines
- Coaches replace select evening trains between Southern Cross and Bendigo/Eaglehawk/Epsom from Tuesday 17 March to Thursday 26 March, while maintenance works take place.
- Coaches replace trains between Southern Cross and Geelong/Waurn Ponds at selected times from Friday 20 March to Tuesday 24 March, while maintenance works take place.
Coaches replace trains from Warrnambool and Geelong, first service Thursday 26 March to the evening of Tuesday 31 March.
Seymour, Shepparton and Albury lines
- Coaches will replace trains on the Seymour and Shepparton lines for the entire journey from Saturday 7 March to Friday 27 March, due to maintenance and infrastructure upgrades.