This Week In a Glance
The following are the updates to our public transport services for this coming week so you can plan ahead for your commute like a PRO!
1. Changes to LRT Ampang & Sri Petaling Line due to Civil Structure Failure near Bandaraya Station
Due to a crack in the pillar supporting the track viaduct in between Masjid Jamek & Bandaraya was found on 27 January 2023, all services on the LRT Ampang Line & LRT Sri Petaling Line will be running on the following arrangement. The services are expected to be fully recovered on 29 Feberuary 2024.
- Services from Ampang & Sri Petaling will terminate at Hang Tuah
- Services from Sentul Timur will terminate at Bandaraya with a frequency of 6 minutes during peak hours and 8 minutes during non-peak hours. Weekends will be running with an 8-minute frequency.
- Shuttle service serving Hang Tuah, Plaza Rakyat, & Masjid Jamek will run to connect passengers between these stations
- Free Rail Replacement Bus available for the following sectors
- LRT 10: Rail Replacement bus between Masjid Jamek & Bandaraya with a 10-minute frequency. More departures may be added depending on number of passengers.
- LRT 11, LRT14, and LRT14 Rail Replacement Bus had been withdrawn.
2. Additional KTM Komuter Service During Thaipusam Week
From the night of 23 January to 26 January 2024, the KTM Komuter will be running a non-stop, 24-hour service to enable commuters celebrating Thaipusam to travel to the Batu Caves Temple at their convenience. A total of 24 additional daily trips will be added on both the KTM Seremban Line & KTM Port Klang Line with direct services between Port Klang and Batu Caves.
Please refer to the Moovit app for the station-specific timetable as early as 5 days before.
3. Free KTM Trips On 24 & 25 January 2024
To encourage everyone to make use of the KTM Komuter service during Thaipusam, the Ministry of Transport has announced that all rides on KTM Komuter will be free of charge on 24 & 25 January 2024. Passenger can tap their card on the automated ticket gates at station as usual to enjoy the free rides or they can collect their free ticket from station counter or ticket kiosk.
Wish for Ad-Free Experience on Moovit? Upgrade to Moovit+ today and enjoy ad-free experience plus many exclusive features!
For station-specific service information, do check it out in the Moovit App.
You ride, Moovit guides!