Thousands are expected to march this Saturday in the Bay Area. Plan accordingly, we’re here to help.
Whether you’re marching or not, this event will be hard to ignore. Public transportation will be heavily impacted by the number of people headed into San Francisco and Oakland as driving and parking will be nearly impossible. Moovit has the transportation information you need to navigate to/from/or around, the events this Saturday.
When: Saturday, 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Identify the Women’s March start and finish locations on the map by logo
- Search “Women’s March @ Civic Center,” or “Women’s March @ the Embarcadero,” to plan a trip to the events
- Check service alerts that appear when you plan your trip to ensure you have the latest information from SFMTA, BART, Caltrain, and many other agencies in the Bay Area
The march will begin at the Civic Center and travel up Market Street to the Embarcadero.
How to Get There on Muni
Get to the Civic Center via any Muni Metro line to Civic Center station:
- F Market and Wharves Line
- 6 Haight/Parnassus
- 7 Haight/Noriega
- 9 San Bruno
- 14 Mission/14R Mission Rapid
- 19 Polk
- 21 Hayes routes.
Muni Service Notes
The F Market and Wharves Line, 2 Clement, 5, 6, 7, 8 Bayshore, 9, 10 Townsend, 12 Folsom/Pacific, 14/14R, 19, 21, 27 Bryant, 30 Stockton, 31 Balboa, 38 Geary/38R Geary Rapid and 45 Union-Stockton routes will have reroutes. Service delays and vehicle crowding are possible during this event. Mor information and live updates can be found here.
BART will be running longer and more frequent service to San Francisco and Oakland to accommodate higher ridership. More information can be found here.
The rally and march starting point will be at Lake Merritt Amphitheater. The march will proceed up 14th Street, ending at Frank Ogawa Plaza
Accessibility information for the route
The route is 0.9 miles. It is uphill for the first couple of blocks to Oak Street. There is a slight uphill slope from Oak to Madison. There is a bad curb cut at 14th and Alice on the right, and another one at 14th and Franklin on the right.
Expect detours and delays during the day Saturday in Oakland.
- From 8:00 a.m. until 12:30 p.m., during the march, lines 1, 6, 12, 14, 18, 19, 20, 29, 33, 40, 51A, 62, 72, 72M, 72R, 88, and 96 will be detoured and Downtown Oakland will have minimal service
- From 12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., during the rally, Line 14 will be detoured
More information can be found here.
Busiest stations on Saturday
- Civic Center and Embarcadero in San Francisco
- 12th Street and Lake Merritt in downtown Oakland
Here’s what to look for in Moovit
Whatever your plans are, enjoy your weekend, and leave the details to us. You ride, we guide.