Line disruptions due to major works Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 August
Network Rail is carrying out major work to upgrade the railway between Selby, York, Leeds and Manchester Victoria Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 August.
While the work is taking place, all lines to and from Huddersfield will be closed and buses will replace trains between Leeds, Halifax, Wakefield, Penistone and Huddersfield.
Railway Street and St George’s Square will be closed from Monday 31 July to Monday 7 August for the Huddersfield Food and Drink Festival, and bus stops in St George’s Square and John William Street will be suspended.
During the upgrade works replacement buses for trains will use stops on Lord Street on Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 August.
Check before you travel:
Buses will replace trains between Leeds, Halifax, Wakefield, Penistone and Huddersfield.
Buses will replace trains between:
- Penistone and Huddersfield
- Huddersfield and Leeds via Dewsbury
- Wakefield Westgate (Saturday only) and Huddersfield
- Huddersfield and Halifax via Brighouse
There will be no direct Transpennine Express services between Leeds and Manchester.
Trains will run between Middlesbrough, Hull, Scarborough and Leeds and also between Stalybridge and Liverpool Lime Street.
Buses will run between:
- Leeds and Huddersfield via Dewsbury
- Huddersfield and Stalybridge (for Manchester Piccadilly)
- Huddersfield and Manchester Victoria