✏️The new school year is around the corner! Good luck and have a great year!📓
To find the best route to school, use Moovit’s trip planner with real-time and service alerts.
Plan your trip in advance by setting your desired departure/arrival time.
Enjoy the last weekend of the summer! This Monday is Labor Day. Please note the following service changes:
- MBTA Bus – Sunday Service
- MBTA Commuter Rail – Weekend Service
- MBTA – The T – Sunday Service
MBTA is continuing system improvements through the month of September. There are planned service changes for Red, Green, Orange, Kingston, Middleborough, Greenbush, Newburyport/Rockport, and Haverhill lines. Moovit is updated, use our trip planner for updated and accurate routes.
Continue reading for detailed service changes:
Red Line Braintree Branch
Accessible shuttle bus service will replace Red Line trains between North Quincy and Braintree Stations on the following dates:
- Beginning at approximately 8:45 PM through the end of service Tuesdays through Thursdays, September 5-7 and September 12-14, as well as Tuesday through Friday, September 19-22.
- All day from start to end of service during the weekend of September 23-24.
Accessible shuttle bus service will also replace Red Line trains between Quincy Center and Braintree Stations on the following dates:
- Beginning at approximately 8:45 PM on Friday, September 8, and through the weekend until the end of service on Sunday, September 10.
Accessible shuttle bus service will also replace Red Line trains between Broadway and Ashmont Stations on the Ashmont Branch and between Broadway and North Quincy Stations on the Braintree Branch on the following dates:
- All day from start to end of service during the weekend of September 30-October 1.
The Kingston, Middleborough, and Greenbush Commuter Rail lines
Accessible shuttle bus service will replace trains between South Station and Braintree on the following dates:
- After 7:30 PM through the end of service Tuesdays through Thursdays on September 5-7 and September 12-14 as well as Tuesday through Friday, September 19-22.
- All day from start to end of service during the weekends of September 9-10, September 23-24, and September 30-October 1.
- Accessible express shuttle bus service will also operate directly between South Station and Braintree Station.
Orange and Green Line
Service changes will take place in the downtown Boston area all day for 25 days from September 18-October 12:
- Orange Line trains will bypass Haymarket Station. Orange Line riders should instead exit at North Station or State, less than a half-mile from Haymarket (or a four- to eight-minute walk), and travel to the Haymarket area.
- Green Line service will be suspended between North Station and Government Center Station. Riders are instead asked to walk above ground between these stations – Government Center, Haymarket, and North Station are each less than a half mile from each other (about a five- to 10-minute walk). The distance between Government Center to North Station is about three-quarters of a mile (about a 13-minute walk).
The Newburyport/Rockport Commuter Rail Lines
Accessible shuttle buses will replace Newburyport/Rockport Line trains between Swampscott and North Station during the weekend of September 9-10.
- There will be no service at Chelsea Station
The Haverhill Commuter Rail Lines
Accessible shuttle buses will replace Haverhill Line trains between Ballardvale and North Station for 58 days from September 9-November 5.
- Shuttle buses will replace train service between Reading and Oak Grove where passengers can make an Orange Line subway connection.
- The shuttle service between Reading and Oak Grove will make stops in Wakefield, Greenwood, Melrose Highlands, Melrose Cedar Park, Wyoming Hill, and Oak Grove.
- A shuttle bus will also provide service between Reading and Anderson/Woburn for connections to the Lowell Line and Haverhill Line.
- Train service for passengers between Ballardvale and Haverhill will be re-routed along the Lowell Line after Ballardvale, making one additional stop at Anderson/Woburn station and then running express to North Station.
You Ride, We Guide,
The USA Moovit Team