Greater Manchester Bus Diversions
- Major roadworks are taking place on Great Ancoats Street until the end of 2020. In addition, Hilton Street will be closed between Newton Street and Lever Street and Stevenson Square between Lever Street and Oldham Street. This will affect the following services: 74, 76, 76a, 83, 84, 181, 182, 216, 230 and 231. Click here for more information.
- Major roadworks are taking place on Hyde Road with a lane closure (outbound) between Thornwood Avenue and Far Lane until November 2020. The following services are affected: 7, 150, 201, 202, 203, 205, 705, 707. Click here for more information.
- Manchester City Council are carrying out resurfacing works on Ashton Old Road from Monday 21 to Sunday 27 September between Pin Mill Brow/Fairfield Street and Viaduct Street (Eastbound only, away from Manchester towards Ashton-Under-Lyne). This will affect the outbound 219 and 220 services which will divert via Hyde Road – rejoining Ashton Old Road from Pottery Lane.
- There is a one way closure of Blackfriars Street between Chapel Street and Deansgate (in that direction) from 3.30pm each day for a duration expected to be 18 months. This is affecting the following services: 8, 10, 27, 67, 67A, 93, 97, 98 100, X41, X43.
- Charlotte Street is closed between Mosley Street and Fountain Street until Thursday 5 November which is affecting the 1 free bus service.
- There is a one way Northbound Road closure in place on A576 Cromwell Road at the junction with Littleton Road to Monday 30 November. This is affecting the 10, 27, 52, 75 and 95 services.
- Madames Wood Road is closed between its junctions with Hilton Lane and Longshaw Drive until Wednesday 2 January 2021. This closure is in place from 9:30am to 3.30pm and will affect the 36 service.
- Stitch-Mi-Lane will be closed until Saturday 31 October which will affect the 507 service.
- On Saturday 31 October, Sunday 1, Wednesday 4 and Thursday 5 November, Trinity Street (Westbound) and Thynne Street (between Trinity Street and Bridgeman Street) will be closed befrom 8pm to 5.30am. In addition, on Monday 2, Tuesday 3, Friday 6 and Saturday 7 November, Trinity Street (Eastbound) and Newport Street (between Trinity Street and Bolton Interchange) will be closed befrom 8pm to 5.30am. The following services will be affected: 2, 36, 501, 571 and 572.
- Radcliffe Bus Station will be closed until Monday 2 November. This will affect the 98, 512, 513 and 524 services.
- Four way Temporary traffic lights are in place at the junctions of Bolton Street/Bridge Street/Carr Street/Ramsbottom Lane until further notice. This is affecting the B1, X41, 273, 472 and 474 services.
- Streetbridge Road, Royton, is closed until approximately early September 2020. During this time, the 412, 795, 831 and 832 services will be affected as well as bus stops ED0380, ED0250, ED0248, ED0249, ED0247, ED0246, ED0245, ED0244, ED0243, ED0242, ED0241.
- Wool Road is closed until Friday 30 October which is affecting the 356 service.
- Paddock Lane will be closed on Saturday 31 October to Sunday 1 November which will affect the 151 service.
- Dobcross New Road is closed until Friday 30 October which is affecting the 350 service.
- Oldham Road B6194 and Heyside is closed after junction with Salmon Fields to Big Lamp roundabout until Sunday 15 November. The closure will be in place from 9am to 5pm each day and is affecting the 57, 181, 805 and 879 services.
- Hollins Road is closed from School Lane to Knowl Street until Thursday 5 November which is affecting the 84, X84 and 849 services.
- Lane closures and bus stand upgrades are taking place at Pendleton Shopping Centre, along Hankinson Way. This scheme is expected to last until late 2020. Bus stops A, B, C, D, H, J, K and L are affected. The 10, 27, 29, 34, 34A, 37, 38, 50, 52, 53, 67, 70, 73, 74, 75, 79, 95 and 100 services are affected.
- Bus stop EH 0154 at Tameside Hospital is closed until further notice. Passengers for the 231 and 350 should use the stop on Fountain Street instead.
- Henrietta Street is closed until further notice due to emergency works taking place which is affecting the following services: 231, 237, 337, 346, 348, 350, 356 and 389.
- Sunnyside Road is closed until Monday 9 November (weekdays only) from 9:30 to 4pm which will affect the following services: 230, 231, 768, 864.
- Mossley Road will be closed for two consecutive weekends on Saturday 31 October and Sunday 1 November and Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 November. This closure will be in place from 8am to 6pm each day and will affect the 350 service.
- Springs Lane will be closed on Sunday 1 November from 9.30am to 3pm which will affect the 389 service.
- Stockport Road will have a one-way closure in place (weekdays only) from Monday 2 to Friday 6 November. In addition, it will have a two way closure in place from Wednesday 11 to Monday 16 November. This clousre will be taking place from 9am to 4pm. The 219 and 347 services will be affected.
- Barrington Road closed at junction of Gaskill Road and Sandiway Road on Monday 15 June for up to 18 months. The following services will be affected: 19, CAT5/5A, 245, 247, 263 and 281.
- Nel Pan Lane is closed between Shelley Street to Telford Crescent until Friday 30 October which is affecting the 9 service.
Merseyside Bus Diversions
- Acre Lane (Bromborough) – Routes 38, 38A and 38B are affected. – Acre Lane will be closed, between Dawpool Drive and Ashfield Crescent, from Monday 4 May 2020 until further notice.
- Baxters Lane (St Helens) – Route 39A is affected. – Baxters Lane will be closed, between Sutton Road and Sutton Oak Drive, on Sunday 8 November 2020 for one day only.
- Burtonhead Road (St Helens) – Route 12 is affected. – Burtonhead Road will be closed (northbound), between Milverny Way and the Recycling Centre, from Monday 4 May 2020 until further notice.
- Corporation Road (Birkenhead) – Routes 409, 411 and 811 are affected. – From Monday 2nd November 2020 until Monday 16th November 2020 Corporation Road, Birkenhead will be closed from the junction of Duke Street to the junction of Rendel Street. The closure is expected to be in place for 14 days.
- County Road (Walton) – Routes 20, 20X, 21, 68, 68A, 68E, 310 and 345 are affected. – County Road will be closed, between Spellow Lane and Dumbarton Street, from Monday 26 October 2020 for approximately 12 nights, from 1900 until 0600 each night; then again from Monday 9 November 2020 for approximately 12 nights, from 1900 until 0600 each night;
- Edge Lane (Wavertree) – Routes 6 and 7 are affected. – From Wednesday 4th November 2020 until Friday 6th November 2020 from 2000 until 0600 Edge Lane Inbound will be closed from the junction of St Oswalds Street to the junction of Innovation Boulevard to facilitate carriageway resurfacing
- Kingsley Road (Liverpool) – Route 204 is affected. – From Monday 17 August 2020 Kingsley Road will be closed from the junction of Upper Parliament Street to the junction of Princes Avenue in a southbound direction only. The closure is expected to be in place until Spring 2021.
- London Road (city centre) – Routes 8, 8E,9,10,10A,10B,12,13,14,14A,14B,14C,14X,15,17,18,19,21,76,78, and 79C are affected. – London Road will be closed (outbound), at Lime Street, from 0930 on Tuesday 3 November 2020 until further notice.
- Moss Lane (Little Crosby/ Hightown) – Route 206 is affected. – Moss Lane will be closed on Monday 2 November 2020 for 7 days.
- Paisley Avenue (St Helens) – Route 30 is affected- Paisley Avenue will be closed, between Chain Lane and Pebbles Avenue, on Saturday 7 November 2020 for one day only.
- Priory Road (Anfield)*Update extended to 13 November 2020 – Route 68/68A/68E is affected – Priory Road will be closed, between Walton Lane and Anfield Crematorium, from Wednesday 14 October 2020 to Friday 13 November 2020
- Prescot Bus Station (Prescot) – Routes 10, 61, 89, 99, 239, 248 and C50 are affected – Prescot Bus Station will be closed from Monday 28 September 2020 for approximately 2 months.
- Queens Road (Southport) – Route 714 is affected – Due to issues with the left turn on Queens Road, route 714 will be diverted until further notice.
- Regent Road (Kirkdale) – Routes 800 and 838 are affected – On Thursday 29th October 2020 until Wednesday 9th December 2020 Regent Road, Kirkdale will be closed from the junction of Saltney Street to the junction of Walter Street. The closure is expected to be in place for 42 days.
- Queens Drive (Newton-le-Willows) – Route 34 is affected – Queens Drive, Newton-Le-Willows will be closed at the junction with Urmiston Avenue from Monday 2nd November for 4 days.
- School Lane (Knowsley Village) – Routes 3/3A, 14B, 227 and 899 are affected – School Lane will be closed (eastbound only), between Moorgate Road South and Knowsley Lane, from Monday 26 October 2020 for approximately 6 weeks.
- James Road (Birkenhead) *UPDATED*- Routes 38/38A, 407, 418, 492 and 495 are affected – St James Road will be closed from the junction of Laird Street to the junction of Hoylake Road and Tollemache Road from Monday 26th October 2020 until Thursday 5th November 2020 from 1900 until 0000 to facilitate carriageway resurfacing.
- Station Road (Ainsdale) – Route 49 is affected – Station Road will be closed, between Burnley Road and Sandringham Road, after 2300 each night from Monday 9 November 2020 for 5 nights.
- Tower Wharf (Birkenhead) – Route 811 is affected – Tower Wharf will be closed, at Tower Road, from Monday 8 June 2020 until approximately February 2021.
- Waddicar Lane (Waddicar) – Routes 36, 345, 722, 727 and 728 are affected – Waddicar Lane will be closed, between Station Road and Rainbow Drive, from Monday 17 August 2020 for approximately 10 weeks.
- Water Street (city centre) – Routes 17, 19, 20/20X and 21 are affected – Water Street will be closed from Sunday 18 October 2020 for approximately 3 weeks. As a result, some buses will be diverted.
- Woolton Road (Allerton) – Routes 188 and 661 are affected – Woolton Road will be closed (southbound only), from Hillfoot Avenue to Allerton Road, from Thursday 1 October 2020 for approximately 6 weeks.