Moovit is updating our transport data in order to provide you with accurate information on Coronavirus-related service changes and allow you to use Moovit to plan your journeys.
We will keep this page updated. (Last update: 1st April)
West Yorkshire Bus and Train Service updates
Bus and rail operators are changing their services in response to the impact of the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic to ensure that key workers and those who need access to shops and services can get where they need to go.
Bus operators are expecting to introduce emergency timetables from Monday. Rail operators are developing plans allowing them to offer a dependable service for those that need to travel.
Most school bus services will continue to operate on Monday 23 March so that children of key workers can attend in line with Government guidelines.
From 20 March until 17 April, West Yorkshire Combined Authority is introducing greater flexibility on concessionary travel passes so they can be used all day, helping older people and those with disabilities to access shops and supermarkets earlier in the day.
- The following services will run similar to a Sunday service, some with additional morning journeys: 102, 104, 105, 109, 110, 111, 117, 118A, 126/127, 147A, 148/148A/149, 156/159, 163/166, 168, 177, 184, 187/188, 189, 195/196, 200/201/201A, 202/203, 212, 229, 254/254A/255, 268, 280, 281/283, 410/411, 425A, 444, 446, 496/497.
- The following services will have special arrangements:
- There will be a special timetable on service 4 with two journeys in each direction.
- There will be a special timetable on service 6 with services running every 2 hours.
- There will be a special timetable on service 42 with services running every 3 hours.
- There will be a special timetable on service 400/401 with five journeys in each direction.
- There will be a special timetable on service 405 with services running every 2 hours.
- There will be a special timetable on service 415 with services running every hour.
- There will be a special timetable on service 476 with two journeys in each direction.
- There will be a special timetable on service 493 with two journeys in each direction.
- There will be a special timetable on service 4 with two journeys in each direction.
- There will be no service on the following routes: 7 (but 6 will still run), 100, 101, 103, 107/108 (but 109 will still run), 112, 119/120, 128/128A, 167 (but 168 will still run), 173A/174/174A/175/175A, 197, 205, 213, 228, 256, 261, 271, 402/403, 408/409 (but 405 will still run), 425/427 (but 425A will still run), 616, 619, 626, 641, CA1, CA2, CL1, HA1, HA2, HG1, JF1, MG1, N10, OG1, OG2, OG3, OG4, R7, SW1, SW2, TK1, TK2, WA1, WA2, WM1, WM2, X4 (but 4 will still run), X17, X25 (but 254/255 will still run), X32, X41 (but 444 will still run), X45 (but 405 will still run), X60 (but 163/166 will still run).
- Services will begin at the usual weekday morning times with varied frequencies through the day and comprise the Sunday timetable during off-peak periods.
Leeds Park and Ride
- Temple Green Park and Ride will be closed. From Tuesday 31 March Elland Road Park and Ride will also be closed in line with the significant reduction in the number of people travelling into Leeds. For people who need to travel, please be aware that Leeds City Council has suspended charges in its car parks and on street parking bays with priority being given to key workers.
- From Monday 30 March, a Key Worker Timetable is introduced. Sunday frequencies will apply throughout the day, with earlier journeys for key workers. Exceptions include services 84A, 343, 476, 493, 563, 629, 737/747 and 757 which will all run to special timetables. Additional earlier journeys have been provided following customer feedback.
- There will be revised timetable for service 64, services 936, 964, 781 & 923 will be suspended. Service 940 will continue on a Saturday service, apart from the 1205 journey will not operate.
- Revised timetables operating.
Transdev (Harrogate Bus, Keighley Bus, Coastliner, Burnley Bus, Rosso)
- Services operating to revised timetables. Services 948, 966 and K10-K19 will be suspended.
Harrogate Bus Company- service 36
- Late Saturday night/Sunday morning (Mar 20/21) journeys will not be running.
Halifax Bus Company
- No services will operate from Thursday 26 March.
- Services will not operate from Wednesday 25 March.
- Operating will be operating a special timetable from Wednesday 25 March.
- Revised timetables from Monday 30 March.
- From Wednesday 25 March services 116 and 177 will no longer operate. Service ML1 will continue to operate.
- From Monday 30 March services will no longer operate.
- No services from Wednesday 25 March
- Saturday service will operate
South Pennine Community Transport
- From Monday 30 March revised timetables for the Holme Valley services and services 241 & X49.
- From Wednesday 25 March services will run to a special timetable
- From Saturday 28 March no services will be operating.
Rail service changes:
Northern and LNER
- Key worker timetables in effect from 30 March.
- The TransPennine Express service between Cleethorpes and Manchester Piccadilly will run every two hours. Services start and terminate at Manchester Piccadilly, and connections are available through to Manchester Airport.
East Midlands Railway
- The East Midlands Railway service between Sheffield and Nottingham will run every hour.
South Yorkshire Bus and Train Service updates
- The following routes are operating a Saturday service: X10, 136, 83, 136, 1, 1, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 20, 21, 22, 23, 23, 24, 26, 26, 27, 27, 28, 32, 43, 43, 44, 44, 49, 57, 57, 65, 66, 67, 70, 86, 88, 93, 95, 120, 208, 208, 218, 218, 218, 219, 219, 220, 220, 220, 221, 221, 222, 222, 226, 226, 2/X2, 2/X2, 218a, 218a, 218a, 219a, 21a, 22x, 22x, 23a, 23a, 24/25, 26a, 26a, 27a, 27b, 28c, 50/50a/50b, 52a/52, 59/59a, 67/67a/ 67c, 67a, 67b, 67c, 72/72a, 72/72a, 72/72a, 73/74, 80/80a, 83a, 8a, 93a, 95a, SL1/SL1a, X17, X17, X19, X19, X20, X20, X20, X6, X6, X6
- The following routes are operating a modified service: 21, 25, 29, 98, 99, 22, 19/19a, 53
- The following routes are operating a modified service: 405, 58, 408, 94 / 94a, X45, 409, M92, 44, 107, 412
- The following services will run every 30 minutes: 51.
- The following services will run every 60 minutes: 208, 208, 32, X78, 19, 54, 55, 56, 57a, 57c, 58f, 64/64a, 81, 82, X78, 22a/22c, 26, 115, 116, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, X1, X78, 9, 11, 20, 41, 56, 75, 81, 82, 97, 98, X1, 95, 95a, 114, 137, 11a, 72/72x, 73/73x, 10, 10, 120, 8/8a, 9a, 84/84a/84b, 52a, 52a, 21, 22, 19/19a.
- Monday to Saturday daytime service will run every 2 hours: 208, 32.
- A Saturday service will operate on the following services: 73/73a, 73/74/ 74a, 84, 84a, 27, 18, 27, 52, 74/74a, 136, 83, 136, 10, 10, 14, 32, 36, 36, 57, 86, 41, 120, 65, 71, 72, 73, 75, 86, 87, 110, 114, 137, 138, 139, 24/25, 140, 141, 142, 205, 208, 208, 215, 216, 135/135a, 135/135a, 22a/22c, 58f, 64/64a, 76/76a, 8/8a, 84b, 86a, 87a, 87b, 52a /52, 95/95a, 97/98, i4, X1, X1/X10, X10, 271/272, 29/29a
- No service on the following lines: 15a, 181, 1, 4, X55, X54, 27b, 28a, 36, 37/38, 57, 67b, 93a, 136, 218a, 219a, 236, 257, X2, X20, 14, 15/15a, 16, 25, 41/41a, 49, 50/50a/50b, 51/51a, 58a/58c, 65/66/66a, 70, 71, 86/86a, 87/87a/87b, 204, 218a, 219a, 291, 408/409, 409, 412, AM1, AM2, X20, X45, 1, 4, 28, 36, 73/73a, 74/74a, 110, 136, 216, 218a, 236, X2, X5/X54/X55, X10, X20, X30, 18/18a, 24/25, 28, 36, 50a /50b, 53/53a, 57, 65/65a, 73, 73/73a, 74, 74/74a, 76/76a, 83/83b, 83a, 86, 181, 216, 257, 271/272, M57, X2, X5/X54/X55, X10, X30.
- The following services will run to a special timetable: 252, 353, 6, 218, 30/30a, X74, X74, 205, 215, 27, 29/29a, 27, 271/272, 135/135a, 135/135a, 57, 52, 57f, 405, 27, 29, 98, 99.
- The following services will run to a Saturday timetable: 218, 7, 23/23a/24, 24a, 29/29a, 20, 55, 26, 29/29a, 26/26a, 23/23a/24, 26/26a, X6, X6, X10, X19, 220, 25, SL1, M17, 203.
- The following services will run to a Sunday timetable: 94a, 208, 95, X19, 8, 222, 50, 208, SL1a, 226, 221, 218, 7, 88, 1, 2, 6, 11, 12, 20/21/21a/22, 22x, 27, 27a, 28, 28c, 32, 43, 44, 59, 59a, 66, 67, 67a, 93, 136, 67c, X17, 2, 221, 43/44, X17, i4, 203, 208, 120, 222, 220, 22x, 2, 86, 95a, X6, 218, 218, 8a, 226, 80/80a, 273/274/275, 136, 52, 219, 219, 9, 1, 83.
- The following services will run to a school holiday timetable: 201, A1, X7, 5, 10, 10a, 35a, 61, 62, 201, A1, X7, 94/94a/94b, 96/96a, 97.
- The H1 will operate a normal service but for NHS workers only.
- The following routes are operating a reduced service: M17, 273, 274, 275, 218
- 257 Service will not operate
- X30 Service will not operate
The following routes are operating a reduced service:
- 29, 252, 29, 30/30a, 55, 20, X30
- The following routes are operating a reduced service: 203, 36
- Emergency timetables will be in operation from Tuesday 24 March.
- Temporary changes to Supertram services are being introduced from Monday 23 March following new government advice around social contact and non-essential travel to help combat the coronavirus.
- A reduced timetable will operate across the network until further notice. The timetables have been carefully created to ensure that critical routes are maintained wherever possible.
- The reduced timetable is as follows:
- Yellow – Every 20 minutes between 06:00 and 21:00
- Blue – Every 20 minutes between 06:00 and 21:00
- Purple – Every 30 minutes between 06:00 and 21:00
- Tram Train – Up to every 30 minutes between 06:00 and 20:00
East Yorkshire Bus Service update
- Eastfield/Filey Road/Seamer Road – Services 7/7A will run hourly all day, giving a half-hourly service between Eastfield and Scarborough Town Centre (via either Filey Road or Seamer Road). Times of first buses will be roughly the same as before, and after 6pm evening buses will run as normal.
- Barrowcliff/Northstead – Services 8/8A will run hourly to their normal Sunday route, running from 7.20am until 6pm Monday-Saturday. On Sunday buses will run hourly, although will not serve Scalby Mills/Sea Life.
- Falsgrave/Hospital – Service 10 will run hourly Monday-Saturday, with the first bus at 7.05am from Aberdeen Walk to the Hospital, then 7.40am and hourly until 5.40pm. These buses will not serve Queen Street.
- Bridlington-Filey-Scarborough – Service 12 will run every two hours during the day, and buses are timed to connect at Bridlington with Service 121, for onward connections to Driffield, Beverley and Hull. There will be fewer evening buses. The Service 12A journey will run as normal from Bridlington to Scarborough Monday-Friday.
- Ravenscar, Cloughton, Burniston – Service 115 will continue to run as normal.
- Helmsley-Pickering-Scarborough – Service 128 will continue to run its temporary timetable as already published, with buses about every two hours, except the evening journeys at 6.30pm from Scarborough and 7.30pm from Pickering will not run. Sunday buses will remain on their current winter timetable.
- Scarborough services which are not mentioned above will not run.
Hull & East Riding
- Holme on Spalding Moor-York via villages – Service 18 will run to its normal Saturday times Monday-Saturday, and the late evening buses will not run.
- Hull-Bridlington Avenue-Beverley Road-Kingswood – Service 21 will run to its normal Saturday times Monday-Saturday.
- Hull-Willerby – Service 34 will run hourly all day every day, with Service 34C running in the evening.
- Hull-James Reckitt Avenue-Staveley Road – Service 50 will run to its normal Saturday times Monday-Saturday.
- Hessle, Hessle Road, Hull, Holderness Road, Longhill – Service 57 will run every 30 minutes during the day Monday-Saturday, hourly during evenings, and hourly on Sunday. Some early morning journeys will run as Service 56, but most buses will run as 57s, all the way through from Hessle to Longhill, via Hull City Centre.
- Hull-Priory Road-Cottingham – Service 63 will run half-hourly during the day Monday-Saturday, and hourly on Sundays. The evening Service 63C will run as normal.
- Hull-Anlaby Road-Hessle – Service 66 will run hourly throughout the day and evening.
- Easington-Withernsea via villages – Withernsea Service 71 will run to special times, with five journeys in each direction between 9am and 3pm Monday-Saturday.
- Withernsea-Hull via villages – Service 75 will run hourly during the day Monday-Saturday. It will run every two hours on Sundays. Evening buses will run as normal, except the special late buses which normally only run Friday/Saturday, which will not run.
- Goole-Rawcliffe Bridge – Goole Service 88 will run as normal.
- Hull-Avenues-Cottingham – Hull Service 104 will run half-hourly Monday-Saturday during the day and evening, and hourly on Sunday.
- Hull-Beverley-Driffield-Bridlington – Service 121 will run every two hours during the day, with a normal evening service.
- Driffield-Bridlington via villages – Service 136 will run two journeys in each direction, leaving Driffield at 9am and 12.30pm, and returning from Bridlington at 10.15am and 1.45pm.
- Hull-Anlaby Road-Anlaby-Kirk Ella-North Ferriby – Service 153 will run hourly during the day, every day. Some Service 151/152 journeys will also run early in the morning and during the evening.
- Hull-Anlaby Road-Cottingham – Service 154 will run half-hourly Monday-Saturday, and hourly on Sunday.
- See the new Service 154 timetable – make sure you select the day you are travelling.
- Hull-Brough-Gilberdyke-Howden-Goole – Service 155 will run every two hours during the day Monday-Saturday. Most evening buses will run as normal, other than the bus from Elloughton to Goole at 9.45pm, and the bus from Goole at 10.43pm, which will not run. Sunday buses will run as normal.
- Hornsea-Hull – Services 240/246 will run every two hours during the day Monday-Saturday. Evening buses and Sunday buses will run as normal.
- Scunthorpe-Goole – Service 360/361 will run as normal.
- Hornsea Town Bus – Hornsea Town Bus Service 550 will run to its normal times, but for a shorter day, starting at 8.39am and finishing at 2.30pm.
- Pocklington-York via villages – York Service 747 will run to Saturday times Monday-Saturday.
- York-Pocklington-Market Weighton-Beverley-Hull – Service X46/X47 will run every two hours during the day Monday-Saturday, which will give an hourly service (i.e. the bus will run the X46 route one hour, then the X47 route the next hour, alternately). Evening buses will run as normal, except the late buses which normally only run Friday/Saturday, which will not run. Sunday buses will run as normal.
- Goole Town Buses – Goole Town buses will run as normal.
- Any other services not mentioned above will not run.
Current advice for using transport safely
Passengers are advised to be mindful of the government recommendations with regard to hygiene and social distancing.
- Consider changing the time when you need to use public transport. Travelling outside of peak times will help reduce the number of people using the network at the same time and support social distancing measures that are currently in place.
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitiser whenever soap and water are unavailable.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and then place the tissue into the bin straight away.
- Try to use contactless payments.
You can read more on general health information and advice on Coronavirus (COVID-19) here.
Source: Travel South Yorkshire
Source: East Yorkshire Buses