The CTA is discounting all its unlimited-ride passes and eliminating transfer fees between trains and buses—part of an effort to encourage ridership and further boost the value of public transit.
Discounts on Unlimited Ride Passes
- 1-Day pass: $5 (down from $10)
- 3-Day pass: $15 (down from $20)
- 7-Day pass: $20 (down from $28)
- 30-Day Full Fare pass: $75 (down from $105)
- 30-Day Reduced Fare pass: $35 (down from $50)
- CTA-Pace 7-Day pass: $25 (down from $33) – Reflects $5 premium for shared pass with Pace Suburban Bus
No More Transfer Fees
CTA will eliminate the 25-cent charge when transferring between CTA buses and trains or vice versa: Customers will now have two free transfers within a two-hour period of their first paid ride.
Throughout 2022, CTA will work with Pace and Metra to further streamline regional fares, including amending the Metra Link Up pass.
More information on the new fares and CTA’s 2022 budget is at transitchicago.com/finance.