Wednesday 1 January during the day
Thursday 2 through Friday 3 January
Travel for free with the metro to Het Nationale Vuurwerk
New Year’s Eve in Rotterdam is again being celebrated this year with the National Fireworks on the Erasmus Bridge. In addition to National Fireworks at the Erasmus Bridge, there is also a second fireworks show this year at Nesselande. Both shows can be traveled free of charge between selected metro stations this year.
Visitors are welcome from 10.30 pm in the vicinity of the fireworks shows to close the New Year and to usher in the New Year.
- Metro line E
- Runs every 10 minutes between Meijersplein and Slinge
- Metr line B
- Runs every 20 minutes between Vijfsluizen and Capelsebrug;
- Runs every 20 minutes between Vijfsluizen and Nesselande.
This means that a metro runs every 10 minutes between Vijfsluizen and Capelsebrug.
The entrance gates will be open between 10 p.m. and 2 p.m., allowing you to travel for free on the metro.
Get off at the Beurs, Wilhelminaplein or Nesselande metro station and walk to one of the fireworks shows in a few minutes.
Make sure you don’t miss your last metro home!
National Children’s Fireworks
This year, again, the National Children’s Fireworks will take place. The fireworks are fired from pontoons in the water at the Erasmus Bridge around 7 p.m. This event will take place at the Holland Amerikakade in Rotterdam. This fireworks will also be visible from the other side of the Maas.
Travel by metro to metro station Wilhelminaplein or Leuvehaven and walk to the event area within a few minutes.
- On Tuesday 31 December, New Year’s Eve, the last trams and buses run from the end points at around 8.30 p.m.
- On New Year’s Day, Wednesday January 1, buses and trams run from around 9 a.m.
- On New Year’s Day 31 December 2019 the buses run until around 8 p.m.
- U-OV runs the Sunday timetable on New Year’s Day 1 January 2019.