NYC-NJ Metro Area Advisory!
January 30, 2019
NYC EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT ISSUES HAZARDOUS TRAVEL ADVISORY FOR WEDNESDAY EVENING COMMUTE
Intense bursts of moderate to heavy snow and strong winds could cause brief whiteout conditions this afternoon
Hazardous travel conditions expected into the evening commute
January 30, 2019 — The New York City Emergency Management Department today issued a hazardous travel advisory for the Wednesday afternoon commute. The National Weather Service has issued a Special Weather Statement for a line of snow showers and/or possible snow squalls — an intense burst of moderate to heavy blowing snow — in effect for New York City this afternoon. An arctic cold front will pass through the region this afternoon into the early evening hours.
For updates, check Alerts in Moovit, follow @NotifyNYC or @NYCEMERGENCYMGT on Twitter or visit NYC.gov/EmergencyManagement.
How can Moovit help you navigate these changes?
- For the latest information check , , ,
- Trying to reduce your footprint? Check out Moovit’s Go Green trip plan section to get from A to B with CitiBike or your personal bike
- Always check service alerts found in the Alerts tab, to make sure you have the latest information
- Make sure to check for changes to schedules before getting on-board
- Learn more about checking Alerts in Moovit in Moovit’s Help Center or in Moovit’s Blog.
- You ride, we guide.