Bus service will still run at MCO schedule for the time being.
As the country going into the phase of Conditional MCO, Penang however, had decided not to follow the CMCO date of the rest of the country alongside some other states, the Chief Minister had announced on Sunday. However, some regulations from the CMCO are still applied in Rapid Penang buses such as wearing a mask when you travel.
From 4th May onward, Rapid Penang counters (except Lorong Kulit) will be opening from 8am to 4.30pm to allow monthly pass holders to renew their passes.
Frequent Asked Questions on Rapid Penang Passes during Penang Gradual Recovery Strategy Phase
1. When can I renew my Mutiara Pass, Rapid Youth, Rapid Emas, Rapid Preferred (Non-citizen) and Rapid BEST (Non-citizen)?
You can renew your Rapid Youth, Rapid Emas, Rapid Preferred (Non-citizen) and Rapid BEST (Non-citizen) from 4th May 2020 onward and the monthly pass can be activated anytime and will be expired on 31st May 2020.
For Mutiara Pass holder, you can renew your Mutiara Pass from 4th May 2020 onwards. You can board the bus manually for seven (7) days, from 8th May 2020 until 14th May 2020. Mutiara Pass validity is for 30 consecutive days which will be effective from the first tap on the bus reader, after 7-days on 15th May 2020. Mutiara Pass users will need to Tap-In and Tap-out at the card reader in order to ensure that the fare is calculated and deducted accordingly
2. For Mutiara Pass holders:
- My Mutiara Pass has expired. Can I use my Mutiara Pass to board the bus?
Yes, you can board the bus manually for seven (7) day from 8th May 2020 till 14th May 2020.
- When can I activate my Mutiara Pass and will the validity remain the same?
Mutiara Pass validity is for 30 consecutive days which will be effective from the first tap on the bus reader, after 7-days on 15th May 2020. Mutiara Pass users will need to Tap-In & Tap-Out on the card reader in order to ensure the fare is calculated and deducted accordingly
- During the Penang Gradual Recovery Strategy Phase, I did not use my Mutiara Pass. Can I use the pass onboard now?
Yes, you will be able to use the Mutiara Pass for 7-days as stated above in 2(a)
3. For Rapid Emas/Rapid Youth/Rapid Preferred/Rapid BEST holders:
- My Pass has expired. Am I allowed to board the bus?
From 1st May 2020 onwards, all pass holders are required to pay by cash every time when they board the bus, or you can renew your monthly pass anytime from 4th may 2020 onward at any of Rapid Penang’s counter except Lorong Kulit.
- When can I renew my pass for the subsequent month?
You can renew your pass for the month of June starting 20th May 2020
For more information on Rapid Penang’s pass condition and renewals, you can reach out to Rapid Penang at 04-255 8000
You ride, Moovit guides!