Take note of the following travel disruptions across Scotland:
Great Scottish Run-Multiple service diversions in Glasgow City Centre. 29/09/19 04:00 – 29/09/19 16:30
- McGills Service 103. Glasgow – Shawlands – Silverburn – Barrhead: service will not serve the City Centre for the duration of the event. This service will terminate at Eglinton Street.
- McGills Service 121. Govan – Pollokshields – Mount Florida – Victoria Infirmary: service will be suspended. Normal Service will resume at Govan Bus Station at 173.
- First Service 59. Route Mosspark – Glasgow City Centre will be suspended. Normal Service will resume from Mosspark at 1715
- Glasgow Citybus Service 153. Glasgow – Silverburn: service will will not serve the City Centre for the duration of the event. The service will terminate at Helen Street.
Great Scottish Run- Garelochhead Coaches service 100 diverted on 26th,28th,30th and cancelled on Sunday 29th September. 26/09/19 05:00 – 30/09/19 17:00
- Garelochhead Coaches Service 100 – Riversider. On Thursday 26th September & Monday 30th September, this service will be diverted via Queen Street due to a closure on Hanover Street and will not serve the stop on George Square south. Intending passengers are directed to stop 609075 on St Vincent Place.
- On Saturday 28th September , this service will be diverted via Queen Street due to a closure of George Square South and will not serve the stop on George Square south. Intending passengers are directed to stop 609075 on St Vincent Place.
- On Sunday 29th September , this service will be suspended on the above date. Normal Service will resume on Monday 30th September
St Vincent Street roadworks in Glasgow- First Glasgow Airport Service 500 diverted. 12/09/19 04:00 – 03/10/19 17:00
- Service 500 towards Glasgow Airport: Normal route North Hanover Street at Cathedral Street, right Cathedral Street bridge, Bath Street, left Renfield Street, right St Vincent Street normal route.
A735 closed between Stewart and Kilmaurs- Shuttle Buses service 113 diverted. 09/09/19 08:00 – 30/09/19 17:00
- The A735 will be closed between Stewarton and Kilmaurs for bridge replacement works between these dates.
- During this period a revised timetable will operate (buses will run every 85 minutes) and most journeys will be re-timed, although the last journey from Irvine to Stewarton will still be at 1725.
- Buses will be re-routed to run Stewarton direct to Cunninghamhead via the B769 then via Kilmaurs, Cunninghamhead again, then via the normal route into Irvine.
A735 closed at Brackenbridge- McGills service 337 diverted. 09/09/19 08:00 – 30/09/19 17:00
- Due to bridge replacement works on the A735 at Brackenbrige this service will be diverted via the B769 & Irvine Road . As a result the stops at Townhead, Kilmaurs (near Habbieauld Rd & Ladeside Rd) will not be served. Intending passengers are directed to alternative stops at and opposite Main Street, Kilmaurs (Sunnyside).
Glasgow: Robslee Road closure, First Glasgow 38/A/B/C/E and McGills 374 diversions. 17/06/19 08:00 – 20/09/19 17:00
- Service 38/A/B/C/E towards Rouken Glen: Normal route Orchard Park Avenue at Robslee Road continue Orchard Park Avenue, left Thornliebank Main Street, Spiersbridge Road, right 3rd exit roundabout Nitshill Road and normal route.
- Service 38/A towards Newton Mearns: Normal route Orchard Park Avenue at Robslee Road continue Orchard Park Avenue, left Thornliebank Main Street, Spiersbridge Road, left 1st exit roundabout Rouken Glen Road to Eastwood Toll and normal route.
- Service 38/A/B/C/E towards City Centre: Normal route Nitshill Road at Spiersbridge Road left Spiersbridge Road, Thornliebank Main Street, right Orchard Park Avenue and normal route.
- Service 38/A towards City Centre from Eastwood Toll: Normal route Ayr Road at Eastwood Toll left 1st exit roundabout Rouken Glen Road, right 3rd exit roundabout Spiersbridge Road, Thornliebank Main Street, right Orchard Park Avenue and normal route.
- McGills service 374: Buses will be diverted via Rockmount Avenue and Sherwood Drive
Portobello: Brighton Place closure and diversion. 07/01/19 00:00 – 20/12/19 23:59
- Due to works, Brighton Place is closed from Monday 7th January 2019 for approximately 50 weeks. Lothian Buses, Services 21, 42, 49 and 69 will divert during the works.
Wellgreen in Stirling close- First services X36, 38 and 57 diverted. 08/09/19 08:00 – 06/10/19 18:00
- First Midland Bluebird services X36, 38 and 57 will be diverted via Burghmuir Road between Strling City Centre and St Ninians Toll.
- St Ninians Road and Stirling Community Hospital will not be served. The nearest bus stop are located
- Burghmuir Road opposite Islamic Centre – services X36, 38 and 57
- Bannockburn Road – service 38
- Glasgow Road – service X36
- Weaver Row – service 57’
Aberdeen: Kings Gate closure at Forest Road, First Aberdeen 13 diverted. 12/08/19 00:00 – 22/09/19 23:59
- Kings Gate, Aberdeen closed between 12th August until 22 September at Forest Road. First Aberdeen, Service 13 will divert in both directions
Highland Council: Ferry F10 (Fort William – Camusnagaul). 03/12/18 00:00 – Until further notice
- Customers should note the first journey on Ferry F10 on normal weekdays has been changed to depart Fort William at 07:40 instead of 07:45 as shown. This is to ensure a school bus connection is made at Camusnagaul on time.
Sandgate and New Bridge Street in Ayr closed- Shuttle Buses service 347 diverted. 08/09/19 20:00 – 19/09/19 06:00
- Due to works on Sandgate and New Bridge Street this service will be diverted via Sandgate and will not serve the stops on High Street, New Bridge Street and opposite Ayr Bus Station . Intending passengers are advised to go to alternative stop on Alloway Place opposite Wellington Square.
Castleview Park and Ride site in Stirling closed. 05/09/19 05:00 – 19/09/19 22:59
- The Castleview Park and Ride site will be temporarily closed from Thursday 5 September until Thursday 19 September 2019 ( for the shuttle bus operation to Gleneagles for the Solheim Cup). During the closure the Castleview Park and Ride service P2 will start and terminate at Castle Business Park , 2 minutes before / after the times for Castleview P&R times.
Stop No 6130303 Eldon Street in Greenock- closure. 28/08/19 00:00 – 01/10/19 17:00
- The above stop at Eldon St before Johnstone St Greenock will be closed from 28th August until Tuesday 1st October 2019. Passengers have been advised to use the nearest available stops
Aberdeen: Stronsay Drive closure, First Aberdeen 13 diversion. 13/08/19 00:00 – 17/09/19 23:59
- First Aberdeen, Service 13 heading to Scatterburn will divert: From last stop on Kings Gate (after Anderson Drive roundabout): turn right into Summerhill Road, continue straight up to traffic lights, left into Lang Stracht, continue on normal route.
- Service 13 heading to Golf Links will divert – From Lang Stracht: turn right into Summerhill Drive, resume normal route.
- All stops along Lang Stracht will be served while this diversion is in operation.
Newhouse: A775 Edinburgh Road closure, multiple bus diversions. 12/08/19 00:00 – 29/09/19 23:59
- Service 2 or 202 towards Maxim Park: Normal route Bellside Road at Lancaster Avenue, right 2nd exit on the roundabout, Lancaster Avenue, left first exit on the roundabout B799 Bo Ness Road, ahead 2nd exit on the roundabout B799 Bo Ness Road, right 3rd exit roundabout McNeil Drive normal route.
- Service 2 or 202 towards Airdrie: Normal route McNeil Drive at B799 Bo Ness Road, 2nd exit on the roundabout Bo Ness Road, ahead 3rd exit on the roundabout Bo Ness Road, right 2nd exit on the roundabout Lancaster Avenue, left 1st exit on the roundabout Bellside Road normal route.
- McNairn 16, McGill’s 202, Stuart’s Coaches 236 service buses will be diverted as follows: Towards Carnbroe/Monklands/Bellshill – Buses follow normal route to Edinburgh Road at Biggar Road, right at next roundabout, Glasgow and Edinburgh Road, Sandyford, Rowantree Avenue, Kirk Road, right Edinburgh Road and then normal route
A737 closed overnight between Moncastle and Dalgarven. 20/09/19 20:00 – 23/09/19 06:00
- The following services will be subject to possible delay, diversion:
- SERVICE 25 – Irvine – Beith
- SERVICE 25A – Irvine – Beith
- SERVICE X34 – Glasgow – Irvine
- SERVICE X36 – Glasgow – Ardrossan
- SERVICE X36N – Glasgow – Ardrossan
A73 closed ar Roundabout on A702- Stuarts services 30/30A/31/31A diverted. 18/09/19 08:00 – 20/09/19 17:00
- Stuarts Service 30/30A/31/31A. Lanark – Leadhills – Wanlockhead. Services will be unable to serve Roberton for the duration of the closure.
Hamilton Road in Blantyre closed-First Glasgow service 205 diverted. 30/09/19 08:00 – 04/10/19 17:00
- Intending passengers please note, due to rseurfacing works on Hamilton Road, Blantyre service 205 will be redirected via Douglas Street and will therefore be unable to serve stops on Hamilton Road. As a result, the service is likely to be subject to delay and disruption, and intending passengers of these areas should use alternative stops on Hunthill Road.
Shuttle Buses Service 21. 20/09/19 09:30 – 20/09/19 15:30
- Crosshouse Hospital- Dundonald – Irvine: Services will divert at the Marress Roundabout to Fullarton Street, A71, Annick Road, Townhead and East Road to rejoin its normal route on Eglinton Street.
- Shuttle Buses Service 21. Crosshouse Hospital- Dundonald – Irvine. Service will divert Eglinton Street, East Road , High Street, Townhead , Annick Road, Annick Roundabout , Milgarhom roundabout , A737 & rejoin its normal route after Merryvale Roundabout.
Main Street in Burnbank closed- First Glasgow services 201 and 263 diverted. 16/09/19 08:00 – 20/09/19 17:00.
- Service 201 & 263 towards Hamilton. Normal route Main Street at Auchinraith Road left Auchinraith Road, right 3rd exit on the roundabout Glasgow Road, 3rd exit on the roundabout Glasgow Road, ahead 1st exit on the roundabout Glasgow Road, 2nd exit on the roundabout Glasgow Road, left Burnbank Road normal route.
Broomhill Road in Aberdeen closed towards Auchinyell only-First Aberdeen service 2 diverted. 14/09/19 08:00 – 22/09/19 23:59
- Service 2 heading to Auchinyell. From Broomhill Rd: turn left into Gray Street, turn right into Holburn Street, take 3rdexit at roundabout into South Anderson Drive, turn left at roundabout into Broomhill Road, continue on normal route to Auchinyell.
Balnagask Road in Aberdeen closed-First Aberdeen services 12,20,22A & 22C diverted. 16/09/19 08:00 – 20/09/19 17:00
- Balnagask Road will be closed at its junction with Finnan Brae from 16 September for approximately 1 week
Cove Road in Aberdeen closed- First Aberdeen services 3,3G,3A &21A diverted. 16/09/19 08:00 – 18/09/19 16:00
- Cove Road will be closed at the junction near Post Office from 08:00 16 Sept until 16:00 on 18 September
Leven Street in Motherwell closed First Glasgow services 244 & 355 diverted. 16/09/19 00:05 – 18/09/19 23:59
- Towards North Lodge – normal route to Leven Street at Franklin Drive, circle Roundabout, Leven Street, left Catherine Street, left Adele Street, Airbles Road then normal route and same in reverse.
Bus stop closed at Ludgate in Alloa. 16/09/19 00:00 – 29/09/19 23:59
- From Monday 16 September 2019 for up to 14 days, services C1 and H1 will not serve the bus stop on Ludgate, Alloa due to road maintenance. The nearest bus stops are located on Mar Palce, Alloa.
Bus stops in Deanston closed- First East Scotland service 59 using temporary stops. 15/09/19 17:00 – 22/09/19 08:20
- From Sunday 15 September until Sunday 22 September 2019, until 0820 and after 1700 bus stops in Deanston will not be used by First Midland Bluebird service 59 due to road maintenance works. Temporary bus stops will be provided on the A84 near to the bridge.
Bus stop closed-609075 – St Vincent Place – Temporary Closure. 11/09/19 00:00 – 01/10/19 17:00.
Stirling Street in Airdrie closed First Glasgow service 201 diverted. 06/09/19 00:00 – 23/09/19 17:00
- Service 201 towards Petersburn: Normal route Alexander Street at Weavers Road right 2nd exit on the roundabout Weavers Road (A89), continue ahead 2nd exit Broomknoll Roundabout A89 normal route
Argyle Street in Glasgow closed overnight- multiple services diverted. 24/09/19 22:00 – 24/09/19 06:00
- Services 1/1A/1B/1C/1D & X4 towards City Centre: Normal route to Argyle Street at Jamaica Street, right Jamaica St, left Broomielaw, Clyde Street, Bridgegate, left King Street, left Osborne Street or as X4 Clyde Street, left Stockwell Street, left Stockwell Place.
- Services 2, 18, 60, 60A, 61, 240, 255 & 263 towards Glasgow Cross: Normal route to Union Street at Argyle Street, continue Jamaica Street, left Clyde Street, left Stockwell Street, right Trongate normal route.
- Service 6, 7/7A, 21, 75 & 267 towards Gorbals Street: Normal route to Union Street at Argyle Street, continue Jamaica Street, left Clyde Street, Broomielaw, Bridgegate, left King Street, left Osborne Street, left Stockwell Street normal route
A73 closed overnight at Hyndford Bridge. Stuarts services 9/259 & 191 diverted. 05/10/19 21:00 – 06/10/19 06:00
- Stuarts Service 9/259 – Lanark – Douglas – Glespin: Service will be diverted via A70, KirkfieldBank Road, Kirkfield Road, Kirkfieldbank Brae, Park Place, West Port, High Street, Bannatyne Street, St Vincent Place into Lanark Interchange. Stops on Hyndford Road will not be served for the duration.
- Stuarts Service 191 – Lanark – Biggar: Service will be diverted via Ayr Rd, Carstairs Village, Carnwath, Quothquon, and enter Thankerton via Boat Rd
University Avenue in Glasgow closed- Citybus service 15 diverted. 27/09/19 23:55 – 30/09/19 06:00
- Glasgow Citybus Service 15 – Milngavie – Baljaffray – Anniesland – Glasgow: Service will be diverted and no stops will be served on University Avenue on the above dates and times. Intending passengers are directed to alternative stops on Kelvin Way or Byres Road
Roystonhill in Glasgow closed-McGills service 329 diverted. 21/09/19 12:00 – 21/09/19 16:00
- McGills Service 329 – City Centre – Roystonhill – Stobhill Hospital: service will be unable to access Roystonhill on the above date and times. Passengers are directed to alternative stops on Royston Road.
West Benhar Road in Shotts closed-Stuarts services 366/367 diverted. 18/09/19 00:05 – 20/09/19 23:59
- Stuarts Service 366/367 – Harthill – Wishaw General Hospital – Ravenscraig Sports Centre: Service will be diverted via Shotts Road and Edinburgh Road for the duration of the works. Intending passengers for stops on West Benhar Road and Church Street are directed to alternative stops on West Main Street, Harthill.
Lochfield Road in Paisley closed- McGills service 166 diverted. 16/09/19 08:00 – 20/09/19 17:00
- Service 166 diverted via Barrhead Road, Ardgowan Street, St Ninian’s Road, Rowan Street, Colinslee Avenue, Lochfield Road and Lochfield Drive
Drymen Road in Balloch closed-First Glasgow services 1,1A and 1E diverted. 23/09/19 08:00 – 26/09/19 17:00
- Service 1, 1A and 1E towards Balloch: Normal route Shandon Brae at Lomond Road left Lomond Road, right 3rd exit on the roundabout Carrochan Road left to Balloch Bus Stance.
- Service 1, 1A and 1E towards Glasgow City Centre: Depart Balloch Bus Stance, right Carrochan Road left 1st exit on the roundabout Lomond Road, right Shandon Brae normal route.
Hairst Street in Renfrew closed Southbound only-First Glasgow service 77 diverted. 23/09/19 08:00 – 27/09/19 17:00
- Service 77 towards Buchanan Bus Station: Normal route Paisley Road at Glebe Street, right Glebe Street, left first exit on the roundabout High Street, right Hairst Street normal route.
Prospecthill Circus closed- First service M2 diverted. 21/09/19 11:00 – 21/09/19 14:00
- First Service M2 – Toryglen – Croftfoot: Service will be unable to access Prospecthill Circus on the above date and times. Passengers are directed to alternative stops on Prospecthill Road.
Bus stop closed 6090360 Great Western Road in Glasgow after Hamilton Park. 17/09/19 09:00 – 23/09/19 17:00
Hairst Street in Renfrew closed Northbound only-First Glasgow service 77 diverted. 16/09/19 00:00 – 20/09/19 17:00
- Service 77 towards Buchanan Bus Station: Normal route Paisley Road at Glebe Street, right Glebe Street, left first exit on the roundabout High Street, right Hairst Street normal route
Kingston Street in Glasgow closed-First Glasgow services 9,9A & 10 diverted. 13/09/19 00:00 – Until further notice
- Service 9/A & 10 towards Jura Street: Normal route Bridge Street at Kingston Street continue Bridge Street, right Nelson Street normal Route.
Source: Traveline Scotland