This summer, MBTA is adding back service across the system to support increased travel across the region.
Service Changes by Mode
Subway Service Changes
Effective June 20, 2021
- The Red, Orange, and Green Line will see schedule changes throughout the day every day of the week.
- The Blue Line will see weekday schedule changes throughout the day.
Subway schedules will be posted in early June.
Bus Service Changes
Effective June 20, 2021
For detailed bus updates, tap here!
Commuter Rail Service Changes
Effective July 3, 2021
Weekend service will be restored on the remaining Commuter Rail lines starting July 3, 2021. This will include the following lines:
- Haverhill Line
- Lowell Line
- Fitchburg Line
- Needham Line
- Franklin Line
- Kingston/Plymouth Line
- Greenbush Line
Weekend service is also running on the remaining Commuter Rail lines.
The following stations will continue to be closed:
- Plimptonville, alternate service at Walpole
- Prides Crossing, alternate service at Beverly Farms
- Silver Hill, alternate service at Kendal Green
- Hastings, alternate service at Kendal Green
- Plymouth, alternate service at Kingston
Ferry Service Changes
Effective May 22, 2021
- Full weekday and weekend Charlestown Ferry service runs 78 weekday and 34 weekend trips.
- Weekday service between Hingham and Rowes Wharf in Boston offers 14 inbound trips to Boston beginning at 6 AM and ending at 7:40 PM and 11 outbound trips to Hingham beginning at 7:15 AM and ending at 7:30 PM.
- Service between Hingham, Hull, and Long Wharf continues with the addition of limited weekday service to Logan Airport , including two inbound trips to Long Wharf in Boston at 12:45 PM and 5:45 PM and two outbound trips from Long Wharf to Logan at 6:40 AM and 7:40 AM.
- Weekend service runs between Hingham, Hull, Logan Airport, and Long Wharf. Ten inbound trips depart Hingham for Long Wharf beginning at 8 AM and ending at 5 PM with five trips stopping at Hull and three trips stopping at Logan Airport. Ten outbound trips depart Long Wharf for Hingham beginning at 9 AM and ending at 6 PM with one trip stopping at Logan Airport and four trips stopping at Hull.
There are no planned changes to RIDE service at this time. If any part of fixed route or Commuter Rail service changes in the future or during the service restoration process, the impact to the RIDE’s service area and hours will be evaluated and adjusted accordingly.